The Day The War Started

Today was just a normal day for Lilli, or so she thought. Today would be the day that changes the rest of her life.

She had been stopping at her friend's, Deanna's, for a few days, because all the arguing at home was starting to do her nut in, Dees family had taken well to her and she thought they got on quite well all things considered. Like the fact that they had a 19 year old sharing their daughters bed, clothes and food. But there was something waiting at home that Lilli would never have thought.

Lilli, what time do you call this? You haven't been home in four days! I have been worried sick! Where the bloody hell were you? 

Mom, it's fine, I was just stopping at Deannas for a bit cause I lost my bus pass. Obviously this was a lie, but Lilli's mom believed it like she believed everything that came out of her mouth. Plus, if Lilli said she didn't want to come back because her elder sister is Satan reborn, then she would just start another arguement about how perfect Stacey is compared to everyone else. 

There was only one reason Lilli even bothered coming back, and that was her older but shorter sister Katey. The reason Lilli was still alive. She was the purest soul to grace this earth. Katey was the one that looked after Lilli whenever something went wrong, or they got in trouble, and Lilli returned that whenever possible. Because Lilli loved Katey more than anyone, which is why Katey stopped her from self harming, and trying to commit suicide many times. 

Lilli was brought back to reality by Stacey screaming at her. 

Why would you be as stupid as you are! No wonder you have no friends, look at you. You're pathetic. I don't know why I even bother with you. You are a waste of time and energy.

Fine then Stace! I'll just go slit my wrists. Would that make you happy? Knowing you killed your little sister!!

You are no sister to me! That's when the world came crashing down. They never really got on, but that was the first time she would hear those words. But certainly not the last.