𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

"You found me again..." Wooyoung smiled, his eyes brimming with tears, happy to see that stranger again.

"Well...we have no other choice but to be together..." San smiled. "Are you willing to listen to me now?"

Wooyoung quickly nodded. He wasn't going to waste the chance to understand this new reality twice. "Please, I just need to know, I'm losing my mind."

The two walked side by side around the area while the taller one tried explaining things without sounding insane.

"I already told you that this isn't the real world...people don't see this world...everything is still going normally back in the normal world." San sighed, struggling to find the right words. "While here...time stopped...and people are gone but you're still here, right? Well that's because this isn't the real you either-"

Wooyoung stopped walking and stared at the other with the most confused expression he could show. "Why do you want me to walk away again?"

San sighed. "How am I supposed to explain this to you without sounding crazy? Well how about you take a look around you? Does anything look normal?!"

The half yelling made the younger realize he wasn't wrong, nothing seemed real or normal to begin with, so why would San be lying?
"Go on..." Wooyoung looked down, rubbing his arm as they continued walking.

"You got hit by a car, right? Probably at 8:30 in the evening that's the hour we're both stuck in right now...as you can see, everything has stopped."

Wooyoung stayed quiet, still not understanding a word, and even if he did, it was no help, he was still stuck in this non existent world or dimension or whatever it was.

San sighed. "We're the only people here...the only two."

Wooyoung frowned, finally lifting his head to look. "How are you so sure?"

San hummed. "Let me ask you a question..."
He looked up at the frozen sky above. "Before you got hit...did you read a book by any chance? A book about souls and soulmates?"

The mention of that blue book made Wooyoung's eyes double their size. "Yes! That silly book! All About Soulmates! Yes! I read the first few chapters of it! But...what does it have to do with this..."

The naivety of the boy made San chuckle. "If you've had enough time to finish the book, you would have known why you're here...that book isn't for everyone to read...it chooses its readers..."

Wooyoung frowned as he remembered how the book fell out of nowhere by his feet and grabbed all his attention. "So...you also read the book?"

San nodded. "I've finished it a few times...so I've seen this coming...but I didn't know it would take so long..."

He earned a confused look from Wooyoung. "What do you mean?"

"I've been stuck in this world for a lot longer than you have...just roaming around on my own...I thought I would go crazy eventually...but here you are finally..." he chuckled.

But Wooyoung only got more confused. "...Finally? Have you been expecting me..? Also...why are you also stuck in the same hour as me? That doesn't make sense.."

San stopped walking and turned to face Wooyoung. "Let me tell you the power of that silly book." He smiled, which caused the other to step back almost in fear of what he was about to hear.

"Anyone who reads All About Soulmates is destined to meet their soulmate."

Wooyoung's eyes widened.

"You just happen to have a lost soul as your soulmate."