3; binary code

"Fuck me, why don't you?" You grumbled, stabbing in the key and starting up the engine.

The car groaned to a start, it wobbling as you reversed out of the driveway and stomped on the gas, racing down the gravel road. Thick clumps of trees blazed by you, turning into a blur of green and white.

Despite your tight situation, you found the time to pop a lollipop into your mouth. Shakily, you focused on the road, peering at the mirror to glance behind you.

You let yourself rationalize what was going on. The sweet syrupy taste of the candy relaxed you for a moment, letting yourself think.

One moment, you were continuing with your morning affairs, the next, you were being chased by the FBI.

Your eyes glanced at the mirror again, this time catching something.

Seemingly materializing out of nowhere, a distinct flock of sleek black cars followed your trail.

You cursed under your breath, pressing harder on the gas. You couldn't get caught, you just couldn't afford it.

Suddenly, a piercing bang! erupted.

A series of beeps came from the car, warning you of a popped tire. You thickly swallowed, hand gripping on the door handle. You stuffed your pocket with a handful of suckers and swung open the door, leaping into the stocky brush.

Crashing into the snow, you shook off the shaky feeling and took off into the woods.

You raced deep through the trees, weaving past the branches and deeper into the area. Through your labored breaths, you could hear the loud footsteps of the running officers gaining on you.

Suddenly, your foot caught on a curved root, sending you tumbling down a hill. You dug your nails into the ground but to no avail, you were only able to scratch the icy surface of the dirt.

With a groan, you blinked your eyes open. The faint silhouettes of people at the top of the hill came into your view and you sighed.

This was it.

They got you.

You squeezed your eyes shut, curling up in the snow and lay defeated on the ground. You felt numb to the sickening feeling of dread, you just wanted to get it over with.

As you wallowed in desperation, snow crunched by your head, easing you back into reality.

"Don't look so gloomy, [Y/N]," a voice comforted. "You're safe with me."

You tilted your head up but couldn't catch a glimpse of who said that because they were gone in a flash. Your head collapsed back onto the ground, blacking out instantly.

The pitched sounds of beeping awoke you. As you blinked the sleep from your eyes, you noticed you were in a medical gown with an IV attached to you.

You glanced at the clock, reading 6:24 P.M. You snapped your head to the sound of a door creaking open.

A man walked in, dressed in a two-piece suit. He was startlingly handsome, but you couldn't focus on that. Rather, you were more concerned with the fact that you weren't in a jail cell. Not that you didn't mind that, but you had no clue where you were.

"Ah, you're finally up!" He exclaimed, walking towards your bed. "You were out for quite a bit. I was scared for a moment that you wouldn't wake up."

"Who are you? Where am I? What do you want with me?" You bombarded him with questions.

"One at a time," he replied. "I can't disclose my identity but you can call me Frank. You're at Dossier. I'm assuming you don't know who we are so let me explain: we are an organization founded to... enhance the human population. We need valuable people and we see potential in you."

"I'm a 22-year old who was running from the police, what could you possibly want from me?"

"Would you like me to recite your record?" Frank asked. You pouted at him. "You've managed to hack into government files, take down entire cities' phone lines, evade rent, run from the FBI, and claim free membership to some online game you play. To say you don't have potential would just be untrue. You're rather charming, too, aren't you? You've got the public wrapped around your finger."

"I don't want to work at your 'Dossier' bullshit, I do my work for fun and I don't want your money," you snapped. "Let me out of here."

"But you do want freedom, don't you?" He said.

"What do you mean?"

"If I let you go, it's only a matter of time before the FBI catches you. If you stay here, your record will be wiped clean. You'll never be suspected of anything."

You stared at him hard.

"You know they'll be disappointed if you get caught, don't you?"

[requested by: @servamp1234]
[a/n; fjjejefjjsjsjf sorry for not updating in like a month]