I • You're obsessed.

Disclaimer : I don't condone nor encourage anything represented in this fictional story. (Aka unhealthy relationships, toxic behaviors, violence)

•••

"As much as I should, I really can't find it in me to regret it."

                                                                                •••

                                        •••

Negan had done worse before. Far worse. But it was different this time. The girl he had taken prisoner wasn't here to pay her debt after committing a crime the community vehemently disparaged. She was there to endure. She was there to become a scapegoat the powerful man he was could chastise to let go of a pain she had involuntarily inflicted on him. She had become a drug he couldn't get enough off. She made him forget so much, she made him feel so good even when it hurt, she didn't care about his status and the material comfort he could have brought her if she had used him like he was using her.

The charismatic leader of the Sanctuary was usually eager to deliver one of his sardonic witty remarks he was so known for, but now, he found himself at a loss for words. Completely speechless and feverish, he couldn't stop looking at her for long minutes as she became restless, like a wild animal in its cage.

"Ryder, Ryder, Ryder..." He whispered in a breath, poisoned by a psychological pain that now was so intense he physically felt it tear him from inside, over and over. Negan pressed his sweaty forehead on the icy iron bars forming the cell's door, trying to cool off the burning feeling that the passion was diffusing through his whole body.

Strong vibrations suddenly radiated through him, as a loud metallic noise resonated in his ears, finally making the man react. In front of him, the reason of all his torments was staring at him right in the eyes, her swollen fists still hanging in the air after she had hit the door just where his head had been resting seconds ago.

"If your men could see your weak ass right now, what would they fucking think, huh ?" Wondered Negan, intoxicated by all those feelings life was shoving down his throat.

As if the young captive could read his mind, she rubbed more salt on the wound, spitting all her venom under the pression of the adrenaline rushing through her fatigued body :

"Look at you... Forced to lock me in a cell so you won't fall apart like the little pussy you are. I know your "reign" will be over soon, I can feel it... And I hope I'll get to see this shit after everything I've had to go through since the day I met you ! I won't give in Negan, I won't give you more of myself, it's over. Over ! Now if you're a real man, you'll get it together and keep this place safe and sound instead of spending so much time crying over me for whatever reasons you are !"

Ryder hoped that she had made the right choice by reminding him of the responsibilities that constituted a role like Leader had. His community was one of the few thing that could potentially stand between him and her so the young woman tried to use this to her advantage.