stallin' only goes so far when you've got a head start

yugyeom woke up late that early summer morning, ending up looking at the clock with a shocked expression, not believing he wasn't able to hear the alarm.

he immediately jumped off the bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower, making it as fast as possible, getting dressed up and leaving the house, without not even having breakfast, afraid he would have lost the train he always took.
yugyeom ran to the station and sighed as he managed to take his usual train, putting his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.
he then took the phone out of his jeans pocket, checking the notifications he got, seeing that jinyoung had sent him some messages, wishing him a 'good morning', like he always did.

he smiled reading that message and replied quickly, explaining to the boy that he hadn't answered sooner since he had gotten up very late.
he hoped that the older wouldn't have gotten angry at him for not replying, not that jinyoung was the type to get angry for such a little thing but he was still afraid, he could have been able to tolerate everything but not jinyoung leaving him.
and this was also the reason why he never confessed his feelings, he realised that he wouldn't have been able to live a life without the raven haired boy, he preferred staying by his side as a friend, even though he did want more.
he was addicted to the older's kindness, he was addicted to his laugh, to his touch, to his wise and supportive words.
he couldn't imagine not having that anymore, that loss could have been the death of him.

as he reached his destination he stopped his thoughts and got out of the train, heading to the university, looking at the phone, waiting for a notification from jinyoung impatiently.
he was walking in a distracted way as his eyes were always on the screen and that's why he didn't even notice a familiar well-known figure approaching him.
the boy covered the taller's eyes with his hands and that's when he stopped, surprised by that sudden contact.

"guess who am i, if you get it right i'll give you a prize."

yugyeom just smiled, he knew that voice too well, how could he not recognise it? after all he loved every little thing about him.

"stop joking with me, jinyoung."

yugyeom just said, and as he pronounced those words the hands that were covering his eyes disappeared and his black vision was replaced with the image of his loved one.

"good job, you deserve the prize i talked about before."

the raven haired said, smiling and giving the boy a little bag, waiting for the latter to get it.
the younger did take it, looking at it in a curious way, then letting his eyes fall again on jinyoung's face.

"what is it?"

he asked, completely oblivious about the contents of the bag.

"just answer this question and, if i'm right, then i'll be the one who will deserve a prize."

the younger just nodded and waited for jinyoung to talk.

"i bet you didn't have breakfast, right?"

yugyeom was a bit startled, how did the boy know about that?

"how can you know that?"

jinyoung reached out for the younger's cheek and lightly pinched it, making sure not to hurt him.

"i know you way too well, stupid."

he said, laughing slightly at his own words.
yugyeom in the meanwhile tried his best to make his heartbeat slow down but, as always, if it was about jinyoung it didn't know no control.
he then looked down and opened the bag, noticing that there was a complete and full breakfast packed in it.
he looked at the boy who was in front of him and smiled, how could he always make him that happy?
it was something so small but he had already made his whole day with that simple action.
an action that wouldn't have had the same meaning if it was done by anyone else.
if it was important it was because jinyoung did it, because he thought and cared about him and that was enough to make yugyeom feel so incredibly delighted.

"thank you for this."

he just said, closing the bag again, looking in then other boy's eyes.

"you don't have to thank me, i'm not doing it for free, when the time comes i will ask for my prize."

he said, showing the younger a little smile before turning his back and finally reaching the university with him.
yugyeom sat at his usual spot and, as soon as he could, he opened the bag and started eating the breakfast jinyoung had bought for him.
maybe it was just that he was really hungry but that morning the food did taste especially good.