Love & Families

How to Do Romance

How to Start a Romance Fast: If the sim is confident, use "Bold Pick Up Line" from the Romance menu. Pretty much works every time. (unsure if it still works for unflirty sims.)

How to Guarantee a Yes in a Proposal: When chatting them up, make sure that the conversation is "suggestive" or "amorous." Works best when both are flirty.

How to Get Rid of Sims Who Has Unwanted Marriages/Romance: 
1. Invite other sim over
2. Add to family
3. Go into CAS and delete the other sim. There's no longer any record of them being together.

____________________________________________________

How to Have A Decent Wedding:

-DO NOT Invite Famous Sims: unless they are a parent (but honestly, even then)... They WILL steal the thunder from your wedding, especially if they are a level 4 or 5...

-No Super Busy Lots: Be realistic with the Sims. They're not gonna behave. Don't have the wedding on a lot where Sims can be busy with too many things, and this includes automatic outdoor things as well (like chess tables).

-Place in Decorations that have a Strong Energetic or Focused Energy: No flirty decorations or else all the sims will start flirting.

-Make Food at the Venue You're Getting Married At: Except for the cake, make that at home Realistically, they only eat from 2 dishes, so have small wedding tables where the food is. Have a large table for people to sit together and eat (if indoors).

-Don't Make it Anywhere Where There is Swimmable Water: This is because all of your sim guests will immediately ditch your wedding to go swimming.

-Don't Place in the Fun Stuff Until After the Pair is Married: Place in the wedding activities after your sims are married. However, if you have an at-home wedding, lock all doors that can make a sim go off and do something else (computer, tv, etc.) Open everything once the ceremony is done.

-Think About Making a Wedding Group: Maybe make a wedding group like in clubs, make a group gathering, then delete it afterward. Invite anyone else that can't fit in the group (Optional).

-Consider an At-Home Weddings: Honestly, having a wedding at a sims house is the least headache...

-To stop sims from flirting, grab the Great Storyteller trait from the Reward Store, then start telling any flirty sims a story (a funny story is always available). It will change their mood temporarily so that they won't get flirty with other sims. Do this as much as necessary. 

-When all of the objectives are met, don't be afraid to end the wedding early if you want. These weddings do linger with nothing left to do... Also take wedding photos with spouse first, parents second, and whoever you want 3rd. 

-Set Your Chairs Diagonal: This stops them from getting up at random.

____________________________________________________

How to Care For Toddlers & Kids Without Losing Your Wig

-Food, Sleep, Cleanliness, Boredom. These should be your order of priorities. Low hunger gets them taken away, but the others can go as low as you want and they will still stay around. Food is the #1 priority.

-Never Use Highchairs. They cause a weird loop of the sim placing their toddler in and out... Instead, when making a large meal, allow the toddler to take some of it. They can grab it on their own. (Edit for 9/3/2023: high chairs seem to work way better now with Growing Together, but this tip is still valid).

-Keep Fruits and Veggies in Your Toddler(s)' Inventory: Have this at all times so that if you can't get them food immediately, they can snack on that. Especially do this if you're out in public.

-Get Certain Skills to Level 4: Level up your toddlers' mobile and imagination skills up to at least 4. Mobile makes it so that they can run everywhere, and creativity is so that they will play with toys whenever they are bored or upset. 

-Put to Bed When in Yellow or Orange: Place your toddler in bed whenever they reach orange or yellow in their tiredness. Try not to let it get to red or else they will bombard you with multiple bad moods.

-Check for Decor That Causes Bad Behavior: Be careful when placing toddlers and kids in Inspired or Playful decor rooms. They make the most messes while in this emotion.

-Always Pack a Lunch for Child Sims to Take to School: Make this around 5 am, and have one person make all the packed lunches. Do so at 5 so that it doesn't spoil while they're at school (so making lunch the night before doesn't work).

"My Sim child didn't eat their lunch!" This is because they went to school with their hunger in green. They'll eat if if they go to school in the yellow or orange zone.

-Make a Child's Bed Time Around 12 AM: This is so that they stay asleep until 5am. You can then use those 2 hours to prepare them for school. Bathroom first, Bathe second, and eating is optional. While they do this, have someone in the house make their lunches.

-IMPORTANT: When one parent is taking care of a toddler or infant's needs, make the other adults in the house do other chores/tasks. This is for people who struggle with infants and toddlers due to every sim trying to take care of one child. You need to actively choose which sim will take care of the infant. Don't rely too much on autonomy.

This comes from a person who usually has up to 3-4 toddlers or kids in one sim house.

____________________________________________

Photos & Family Memories

-Always max out Photography to cut down on photos to delete from your screenshots.

-Take a picture of a sim at every life stage as soon as they're aged up (and edited in CAS if desired) so that you don't forget to have at least 1 picture of each of their life stage in the house.

-Make people boost their flower arranging skills so that they can place flowers at graves. Place trash cans by the cemetery for wilted flowers. (Optional)

-Have families that live in separate households visit each other at least once a week.

-Try not to have any houses where there isn't at least one person having a child. This is so you can collect urns easier. If not this, have elder sims move in with younger family members so that their urns can be collected.

________________________________________________

How to Give Your Sim a Better Social Life

-Have a computer room in the house. When your guests are over, lock the computer. If this somehow doesn't work, lock the computer room to "all except household members."

-Have your sims be in a club full of their other friends so that if their relationship is getting low, you can just have a club meet. If your sim doesn't live with their boyfriend/girlfriend, having them in this club also helps.

-Use social bunny to keep up relationships (warning, it will also decrease relationship at random too, so use with caution).

_________________________________________________

Vampires

-If you don't want Vampire sims taking over your town, have all the vampires in your game marry another vampire sim. This is so that they don't keep remarrying and having kids with mortals. They're literally immortal lovers now.

-Also fix Vadislaus' face. He is known for not mixing well with ANY sims... The most you need to do is his nose and chin.

-Have no more than 5 houses with vampires in it. They often do take over...