60.6

Letty motions for them to follow before she leads them to an abandoned lot near an overpass.

"You're still upshifting early," Nat tells Letty as she gets out of the car.

"I do that so he brakes," Letty responds as she leans against her car.

"You lose traction and the back end kicks out," Nat explains to her.

"I noticed," Letty tells her as Nat walks over to her. "Look, just because you know how I ride, doesn't mean you know me."

"You know what they say where we're from?" Nat asks her with a smile. "Show me how you drive, I'll show you who you are." Nat looks at her car. "V8. You never could resist American muscle, part of the reason we got along so well." Nat looks up at Letty to see a scar through her eyebrow. "Nice scar. You never could keep yourself out of trouble, either."

"What else do you know about me?" Letty asks as she turns to face her.

"About you?" Nat asks her back. "Everything. Like that scar." Nat points out a scar on Letty's wrist. "You got it the first night we met Dom. We were 15. Our first street race. Some kid trying to show off lost control of his car, wiped out right next to us. You're lucky you didn't lose your arm."

"And let me guess, you saved me," Letty states with a proud smirk, thinking she had Nat figured out.

"Yeah, I did," Nat says with a small chuckle. "Dom was the kid showing off." Letty looks down with a shy smile. "And there." Nat points to a scar by Letty's shirt strap. "Boyle Heights. We were fleeing with Dom's little sister, Mia, and got trapped in a corner. And you thought it was a good idea to ride your Torino Cobra through a retaining wall." Letty lets out a laugh since it did sound like something that she would do.

"All right, how about this one?" Letty asks Nat before raising her shirt and lowering her pants to show a scar on her hip bone.

"That's the last time we were together," Nat answers her as she shakes her head at the memory. "We had came back from the DR after Dom left. We were working on Dom's car and you cut yourself on a piece of metal."

"Look, I don't know why you're here, but I really think you're over your head," Letty tells her honestly as they stare at each other.

"We're here for you," Nat replies honestly.

"That girl you remember, it's not me," Letty says as she glances down.

"Not from what I just saw," Nat tells her with a small smirk. "Like it or not you're still the same girl. I saw it out there. I see it right now."

"I got to go," Letty slightly panics.

"Hey," Nat says as Letty opens her door. "You're the only other person who knows the meaning of this." Nat then hands Letty, her and Dom's cross necklace. Letty gets into her car before driving off.

 Letty gets into her car before driving off