Chapter 1

Avneet looked up from her seat to the blackboard, not even 1% interested in what the teacher was saying. She rubbed her eyes hard and teardrops collected at the sides of her eyes. She yawned.

Through her blurry vision, she saw Jannat sitting beside her, too much interested in whatever the teacher was saying. She sighed.

She doodled some circles at the back of her notebook when suddenly a knock at the door surprised her.

A very handsome and muscular boy stood at the entrance of the class, his muscles relaxed and his veins bulging out.

Siddharth Nigam, she whispered in a tone of attitude.

Suddenly, the whole class looked at Avneet. Avneet noticed it and ignored them, looking out the window. As she looked out of the window, she felt as if Siddharth looked at her. She rolled her eyes.

Siddharth: "Is anybody here interested for the college elections this year?" He said, chewing gum in his mouth.

The students remained silent.

Teacher: "No, no body is interested here. You may leave."

Siddharth: "Okay I take your leave sir."

As he was about to leave, Avneet looked at him, as he left the classroom, her eyes full of hate and regret.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Avneet picked up her bag and ran for the next class. She was already twelve minutes late. She fastened her speed and reached the classroom.

Avneet: "May I come in mam?"
Teacher: "Yes you may."

Avneet walked and sat down when she realised. She turned around and groaned with frustration.

How could she forget? This was the biology class, the only class which everyday merged with the other batch, the batch in which Siddharth studied. Oh no!

Avneet closed her eyes and sighed. She hated biology and this class. Urgh! And the worst part was that today he was sitting behind her only. What else could go wrong?

The teacher started the lesson on cells and its various organelles. Avneet took out her notebook and started writing the notes.

"Hey, can I get a pen?" Somebody asked and Avneet recognized the voice immediately.

Avneet: "Dont you have yours?" she snapped.

Siddharth: "See dude I wouldn't even talk with you but I have to as I left my pen in your class only. So would you be kind enough to give me a pen if you have an extra? Huh!"

Avneet: "Huh wait let me check."

Avneet looked through her pencase and found an extra pen with enough ink. She handed it to Siddharth.

Avneet extended her hand for Siddharth to take the pen. The moment was short but it sent tingles down Avneet's body as their fingers brushed. Then it was over.

Siddharth: "Thanks jerk." He rolled his eyes.

Avneet: "I am not a jerk!" she said, irritated by his behaviour.

They were soon interrupted by the teacher.

"Avneet and Siddharth, if your cute little chat is over, can we continue with our class or you wanna talk about something important? Tell us also!" The teacher yelled.

Avneet: "Sorry mam. This won't happen again."

Siddharth: "Yeah yeah sorry." He just casually replied.

"Sorry wont do. You two, detention after this class." the teacher glared.

Avneet and siddharth sat down. Avneet glared at Siddharth and he glared back as if he didn't care.