[8]

"Gajeel, are you asleep yet?"

Gajeel's eyes snapped open and he turned to see the Edolas version of himself staring up at the window. Truth be told, Gajeel had been having a hard time falling asleep ever since he mentioned Levy. He knew if he went to sleep, that nightmare would come back.

Even though he was ready to move on, the guilt would remain there like an oil stain on a shirt, right over his heart.

"No, is there somethin' that came to ya?" Gajeel asked.

"I just...what is our mother like back on Earth Land? She passed away a few years ago, are there any fun stories you can tell me about her?"

Gajeel turned to look at the ceiling as well as he felt the other look at him.

"I never met her. I was raised by Metalicana, the iron dragon, he was the one who raised me and taught me how to use dragon slayer magic as well as readin' and writing. He was selfish but he's my father."

The other Gajeel fell silent as both thought about their parent.

"This Levy girl, what's she like on Earth Land?" Gajeel asked.

Gajeel let out a huff as he closed his eyes, he could see her sitting at a bench with a book spread out with her reading glasses on.

The chances that the book was not in their language was high.

"She's short and rather petite. She likes to hunch over books when she reads and I've caught her curled up on the ground reading while the guild starts a typical brawl. She's a real big bookworm and she knows so many languages, she tried to explain to me something as she rewrote a ruin but I didn't understand a single word she said but I knew she could do it somehow. Oh, she has short blue hair that she ties back when she gets serious about reading or decoding somethin' and when she does there's always some hair that doesn't go back and kinda just stays there and sways as she moves," Gajeel said as he thought back to the battle of Fairy Tail.

"I think it's fitting she is in the Fairy Tail guild then, she sounds like a fairy."

Gajeel chuckled as he thought of her wearing a fairy costume, she was small enough to pass off as a fairy.

"She has the personality of a fairy, she forgave me when I didn't deserve it. However, since she's so small and her two teammates are lacking, I decided to watch over her to make sure she doesn't get hurt again. That's why one of the reasons it's so important to save the guild, I know that once we save them, Levy will figure something out. She'll probably read out the entire city in a day and be able to take us all back."

"I will make sure that tomorrow I give you a chance to free your friends and get a big scoop at the same time."

"Yeah, let's go to sleep."

Gajeel closed his eyes ready to fall asleep when the other him spoke again.

"Just out of curiosity, do you like this girl? She sounds amazing."

Gajeel laughed as he shifted slightly, "Yeah, she is."

"So do you like her?"

The room was filled with silence until Gajeel let out a soft snore, he had fallen asleep. The other Gajeel was in shock that he fell asleep so easily.

The other Gajeel looked at him, he wondered what the Earthland version of him did to that girl.

~~~

"Do you like her?"

Gajeel stared at the roof of his apartment.

"Well, do you?"