Chapter 1

Ivan's P.O.V.
I woke up to the smell of freshly baked bread. I jumped outta bed and ran downstairs. "Morning Ivan." I looked over and saw my mom,she had just finished baking the rolls. "So,have you decided on a quest to take on at the guild yet??" My mom is a sweet person,but given that my father works at the local guild,let's just say I've had some formal weapons training,since I was younger. "Well I have,but Urá said she was too busy." Suddenly our doors were kicked open,to see non other than the person I'd just mentioned. My best friend Urá Jundaka. Her ocean green eyes seemed to shine in the light of the house,her light blue hair was tied up into a simple braid. She was equipped with her adventuring gear,ready to get going. "What do you mean I said I was too busy?" She smiled,and chuckled at my direction. Urá was an interesting person to grow up with. She was a water Genasí,part human part water elemental. She had a rapier wrapped around her hip while wearing light plate mail. "So Ivan you get ready to go,and I'll look over the details of the quest. You did get approval from your dad to do this one right??" I nodded. After I had breakfast I went to my room and got ready to go. I put on my armor and slung my weapons sheath over my shoulder. I pulled my sword out of its sheath,a long sword that I had made when I was 12 even though I'd made it,my dad still had me use a training sword. I grabbed the short sword that I used in my other hand,I was ready to go. I walked back downstairs to see Urá packing extra food,and I saw my mom giving me a smile. "Be safe out there you two. Please try to get back before nightfall."

We walked out of my house and headed towards the forest. Apparently there had been sightings of a Western Willowback in the woods between Taka Village,where I live,and Maras town. Western Willowbacks might be able to camouflage but,their fairly frail dragons. "So Ivan,you decided for us to hunt a type of Dragon where my strongest magic,is veritably useless against? Why?" I looked back at her. "Haven't you been working on freezing some moisture in the air?" The dragon we were hunting in question was primarily weak to ice based magic,as well as that any water based attacks the dragon just absorbed. We walked to the clearing where the sightings had been coming from primarily. We heard movement nearby,so we drew our weapons. Suddenly a large reptilian form jumped out of the brush around us. It was our target. It's green underbelly seeming to absorb the sunlight,and it's brown hide looked hard as oak. "Ready Urá?" She rushed at the drake going for its soft stomach. The large reptile knew what she was doing and swung its long branch like tail at Urá,I rushed forward and stabbed my sword into its tail,and slashed downward with my short sword and cut off a good portion of its tail. The drake let out a deep and agonizing roar. Urá put out her hand and started to form a sphere of water in her hand. She lobbed it to where it separated,and as it did she focused,suddenly the barrage of water turned into a volley of ice spikes. The dragon tried to dodge but it got hit in the chest by a large one. The impact of the ice spike seemed to spread throughout its body. Slowly but surely freezing it from the inside out. "That was awesome Urá!" I used my sword to carve off the scales and the large horn that these drakes were known for as proof. "Alright now lets head back ho-." I looked towards home and saw a large plume of black smoke. "We've gotta go,NOW."

We ran through the forrest back home to Taka Village. But what we saw,was something we would not soon forget. The entire town was lit ablaze,purple flames covering our home. The guild hall had been completely destroyed,what was left of it had a large purple insignia on it. The insignia of something that was thought to have been long dead. "The cult of Araveil,but how are they back?" Urá used some water and doused the flames covering the guild. I was able to find something in the charred wreckage a banner that was hung in our guild. The guild that my father had created. This was the last thing I had to remember him by. I took it and used some of my magic to not only repair it,but to turn it into a bandana. "We need to go,we need to warn the neighboring towns." Urá grabbed me by my shoulder,and dragged me out of our home. Now burnt to cinders,nothing left but a defiled guild hall,with the mark of a cult on it. "Yeah,let's go." We made our way to maras town,checked into the inn,and we knew that tomorrow we would have to warn this town of what happened.