Chapter 2: Gotta Get That Letter In

Sans wasn't going to be allowed to sleep in as long as he would have liked.

He was woken up by Papyrus' shouting, accompanied by heavy pounding on his door. "Sans! Sans wake up!"

Sans groaned in protest and pulled a pillow over his face. "S'too early, lemme sleep."

"It's noon, Sans," Papyrus said. "I need you to deliver my letter to Santa before it's too late!"

Right, the letter. Sans had almost forgotten what time of year it was.

"Alright, alright I'm coming," he sighed. He pushed himself up with a soft grunt before swinging his legs over the side of the bed and stretching.

"Hurry, Sans! I don't want to miss our chance!"

Sans chuckled. His brother's enthusiasm was downright infectious, but that didn't mean he couldn't have a bit of fun with it. "You keep yelling at me abone it and I'll start making puns."

There was immediate silence on the other side of the door. Sans couldn't help but smile. That old trick worked every time. He got out of bed and made his way over to the door at his leisure. Mornings were so much easier to take when he wasn't rushed. He pulled the door open, jumping back a bit in surprise when Papyrus thrust a letter in his face.

"My letter is finished and ready to be delivered!" Papyrus shouted. Sans had long since given up teaching him the concept of an "inside voice".

"I'm getting it, calm down," Sans chuckled. He took the letter from Papyrus' hands, looking the envelope over. "Heh, already got the address on there and everything."

"Of course I did!" Papyrus said. "Also, I think that this year I should get to see how you send it! That way I can start sending mine on my own!"

"Sorry bro, no dice," Sans said, slipping the letter into his pocket. "Doesn't count if you send it yourself, it's gotta be sent by someone else."

Papyrus paused for a moment as if thinking. His expression turned quizzical and he tilted his head to the side. "If you can't send it yourself then how do you get your letters to Santa?"

"Magic," Sans said with a wink.

"Fine then, don't tell me." Was Sans imagining things or was that a hint of worry crossing over his brother's features?

"No, really, it's magic," Sans said. "I'll show you when you need to know, alright?"

There was a pause before Papyrus responded. "Alright," he sighed.

Sans leaned against his door frame, glancing up at the clock. He raised a brow when he noticed the time. "Hey, don't you have a training session with Undyne today?"

Papyrus gasped, grabbing his skull. "Oh no, I'm late!" Sans chuckled as he watched his brother race down the steps, taking them two at a time. "I'M COMING, UNDYNE!"

"Man my bro is cool," he said to himself with a small smile. Though, as cool as he was, he never had been very perceptive. This had turned out in Sans' favor. The chances that the younger skeleton would notice anything were slim to none. Not only did this help with hiding his nightmares but it also made things like playing Santa so much easier.

Speaking of playing Santa, he had a letter to read. He pulled the letter from his pocket with a small smile. Knowing Papyrus he had probably asked for more action figures. He carefully opened the envelope before taking the letter out an unfolding it. "Now, let's see..."

Dear Santa,

How are things at the North Pole this year? Busy as always? Nyeheheheh I bet it is! I will get right to the point. After all, you have a lot of letters to go through! I have been my very best this year! I would very much like the action figure set they have at the MTT-Resort if it's not too much trouble for the elves. I hope you have a lovely holiday!