Chapter 22: Run!

A/N: This was a split chapter between Chrystal and I! You guys wanted an update so here it is! Sadly, there are a few more chapters left after this one. On the bright side, Love's Bite prologue will be coming out soon after I'm done with this story. I'm so glad you guys have stuck with this story! We enjoyed writing it for you as much as you guys enjoyed reading it! Anyway, enjoy one of the last chapters! :'(

Chapter 22: Run!

I have been avoiding Michael since our little argument a few days ago, but I wasn't the only one. He was avoiding me, too. For what? I'm not sure but I do know that he's getting angrier the more we pack. I didn't know what to be more frightened of: the outcome of things or him.

"Angeli? Is everything okay? Your face has been slightly paler than usual for the past few days," Kaiden stated. I looked at him in slight shock. Has my face really been that pale?

I debated on whether or not to tell Kaiden what was going on before deciding that he already knew too much so why not tell him more?

"Michael is getting livid, Kaiden," I whispered.

"Livid? Livid how?"

"I mean the more we pack, the angrier he gets. He really doesn't want me to leave. He.. He told me that if he can't have me than no one can. Kaiden, he's planning something and, to be honest, I'm scared to find out what it is!"

"Hey, hey! It's okay. You're big brother is here and I'm not going to let anyone or anything hurt you. Understand?"

I hadn't realized that I was crying until I sniffled and felt cold tracks on my cheeks. I quickly wiped away my tears and nodded slowly before giving my twin brother a hug. I do believe Kaiden when he says that I won't be in harms way but what about him and everyone else?

********

Fear was the only thing I felt as the days passed. Fear for myself, fear for my family, fear of Michael.

"Angeli!" I turned to see Ashton panting. He looked out of breath and in a hurry.

"Ash, are you okay?"

"No. I need to get you and your family out. Right now. Like right now." The way he exaggerated his words worried me.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked, Ashton was now pulling me towards the hall.

"Michael. His time is over. He's going to go bat shit crazy soon." He whispered, almost as if the mere thought was tabooed and he was terrified.

The fear I had only grew more. This is happening, I might die today.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Gather your family. Take everything you want, but you must hurry. Luke is doing everything he can to distract Michael, and you already know that Michael is stubborn as fuck so it's a struggle."

I nodded and ran to the living room where my parents were.

"We have to leave right now." I stated, more like demanded.

"I thought you didn't want to leave, Angeli. Why the sudden change of mind?" My dad asked.

"This is not a 'sudden change of mind'. This is a life or death issue!" I yelled.

"Angeli, what are you tal-"

"Look, if you truly love me you would get everything we've packed up and get the hell out of this house!" I yelled, my eyes were stinging with tears because this is all my fault. "Please, dad." I begged, my voice needy.

My fathers eyes narrowed in determination and he nodded.

"Go get your brothers."

And that's what I did. Joshua didn't understand, but Kaiden did and he helped Joshua in packing. I ran to my room and packed as fast as I could.

Luke appeared in my room, his nose bleeding and his breathing ragged.

"It's time, Angeli." He whispered. "I can't help you any longer."