FEAR

Deep jet-black tinted windows roll down, causing immediate fear in the young female's heart. If today, in this moment would be her last, she internally asked herself if she loved the life she lived?

The answer was no.

Kennedy took a glance at the all black truck while clinging to her waistband. She pulls out her Glock19 and squeezes the trigger. Shots rang out all over the truck making it come to a halt.

This gave Kennedy time to run from the scene. The basic street knowledge wasn't a factor in this moment, like looking out for witnesses, or aiming the gun for a headshot.

The only thought she had was life of death, and death wasn't an option.

***

"I can't make that shit up!" A voice filled with anxiety and fear filled the garage. "I just started squeezin'- I don't know who I hit."

"Ken relax, you alive ain't you." Another voice filled the garage but this particular voice was mellow.

Kennedy cut her eyes at her boyfriend, Darnell. He sat in the middle of the garage on a deep blue couch. In his hands was an ash tray, and a blunt. "Take a hit." He spoke in between puffs. "Guarantee you'll cool off."

"Man fuck that blunt. I just told you-," she was cut short before his mellow voice overpowered hers.

"You need to chill the fuck out! You actin' like we in the trenches for real." He spat. "We moved up out that shit."

Kennedy scoffed. "You love telling me that shit but you getting too comfortable. Once you get comfortable, death will be knocking on yo' door."

The garage fell quiet.

"Now you feel me." Ken took out her phone making a quick call.

"I love you D, but we gotta' tighten up." Her voice was laced with concern.

Darnell waved his girlfriend off. "We in Atlanta. Them opps in Chicago, matter fact come smoke a opp pack with me baby." A sly chuckle escaped his lips. "But for real baby, I moved us out here so we can start living life. I ain't on that street shit no' mo'. And I told you bout' that gun, get rid of it."

Darnell stood to his feet to instill fear in Kennedy. He was standing over her looking dead in her eyes. "Listen to me next time and yo' ass wouldn't be out here shootin'."

*** 

Author's Note(s):

This chapter is just a little filler. I am trying something different with this story. This time around I am writing as I post. I usually don't post until the story is fully completed.

So tell me if you want more or not. I have some crazy ideas and would love to put them in this book.

Also, King Von is fine fine. Had to say it twice 💕. This is a King Von Fanfic .