CHAPTER IV

CHAPTER IV: SNEAKING OUT

LEONEL'S POINT OF VIEW

The woman did a bow and smiled at me. My eyes enlarged at the realization.

She was the woman I've crossed eyes with at the Coronation. I couldn't have guessed that she was a Princess of Andelia.

"Please follow me, the servants will be placing your possessions at it's respected place." She ambled towards the direction we were facing at and we followed suit.

The whole interior had a medieval design, same as its exterior. She ushered us towards two red chairs, then sitting at a similar chair.

The round table has teacups for us three. A female servant walked her way towards us with a welcoming smile, then pouring the tea from the tea pot to our cups.

Hot burning smoke rises from the dark green tea. A lingering sweet smell of soft fragrance blooming from it with a tint of citrusy following it. As I raised the half-filled cup to fulfill my tastebuds, I was greeted with the bitter taste with a sweet aftertaste.

I can not help but to smile. The familiar taste and smell of this tea reminds me of my childhood. "Hmm... It seems you've done an outstanding research."

"Thank you Prince Leonel, as your hosts, I can not thank you enough for gracing the chambers of Andelia with your presence. It's just a little thank you gift. Tell me or the servants about your needs and we will happily fulfill it."

"Being a Prince sure is a blessing but being a King.. It's a whole new paradise. Leonel, honey. You should steal the spotlight. Look at the bright future looking, smiling down upon you."

Her eyes pinned onto the ceiling. Imagining a whole new world where I would be the King.

She looked down her, meeting my eyes. Grinning brightly like the sun, I would take on anything to see her smile like this. "It would be my biggest dream to see you wearing the crown of Averdal. I'm so happy for you! The thing I've long been waiting for is here!"

Unintentionally, I smiled at the reminiscence of that bright day. It's still as fresh as if it happened today.

The day of the Coronation did a whole lot of impact towards me. I didn't get to be King that I've always wanted to be since I was born.

Mother always supported that dream of mine. Reaching this long-wanted goal of mine would be the best gift I could give her. Now... All the opportunities I've had was waited.

I could've been better. I could've known that there were unknown shadows walking in the background. I could've given my mother the present she awaited since I was born.

"Prince Leonel?" A soft knock made it's way on the carved wooden door of my bedroom. "Oh, come in."

The door opened to display a woman-- Heather? Heather Caden as I recalled. The Princess of Andelia. I took in the sight of her black voluminous hair that flowed down to her waist. "Hi. Heather Caden, right?"

Her smile turned into a disappointed frown. The moment I have long been wanting to avoid comes into play.

I forgot her name.

"My name is Heather Cadence." Spiteful black eyes stared into mine with humongous threat. Her long neon pink sharp nails started clawing on my neck and her blood started gushing from it, making a pool of red wine---

"Are you okay? Prince Leonel?" I felt the mattress shrink next to me to find Heather sitting. "Oh, yes. It's nothing. You can call me Leonel, we're not in a public place."

A long sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I figured that it was just an ominous daydream. Wait, ominous?

I looked at her primly placed hands on her lap with huge fear. It has those long neon acrylic nails. Her finger pointed at my eye. Suspiciously moving towards it, a mischievous smirk on her lips.

"Don't worry, these don't hurt." Her demeanor changed as she flaunted a cute smile with squinted eyes. "Because my victims don't scream when I do it. You know, because they can't."

... So the rumors are true? That's why guests that went here weren't found any more?

My eyes enlarged at shock, mouth hung wide-open. I can't believe I fell for this. I've lived two decades and a half to be King and yet I will die, just like this?

Her hands made it's way to my shoulder to pat it, guffawing while doing so. "You-- should've, looked-- at your face!" Her hand went to her stomach and looked at me with teary eyes. She went to laugh again.

I can't believe that I've fell for that. She's joking with me? The Prince of Averdal? The audacity of this sly bitch.

As much as I wanted to grab her by the hair and slam her face to the marble floor, I furiously inhaled to control myself. It was a terrible mistake to have stepped on this castle of Andelia.

"Can you get your hands off of me, please?" Soft sniffles came from her as her hand retreated from my shoulder. "Yeah, sorry.. It's just that.. You're easily deceivable."

This gal is really getting to my nerves. Me, a prince, is deceivable?

"I beg to differ. Unless you have something important to do here, you should leave."