#11 | unexpected visit

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

Seokjin is gone the next morning.

You're not surprised that he left after waking you up from your nap. Technically, it wasn't nap but you fell asleep so deeply, that you never heard the bedroom door creaking as he popped his head inside your room. You woke up seeing him, hovering over you while lightly shaking your head. You've slept for four hours, far more than you actually planned to but you needed it.

Your eyes were barely open and you were ready to go back to sleep, slapping his hand away from your shoulder before you heard Yoojin's soft cries from the next room.

"I think he's hungry." was all Seokjin said, enough for you to sit up so fast that your head spun.

After you fed Yoojin, he was quick to fell asleep again. You put him in the crib, not sure whether Seokjin was still somewhere inside your home but you were too exhausted to care. So you fell asleep, waking up to Yoojin's cries while sun blazed into your bedroom through blinds.

What you never expected was, to find a blanket from the guest room on the couch. The grey soft material is disheveled with an empty cup placed on the coffee table. Did he stay the night?

There was no messages, notes or even missed calls from him, anything that would explain his sudden departure. He doesn't owe you anything, but it would be still nice enough to know if he stayed the night or not.

And when a firm knock resounds, you're sure it's him coming back. Ever since he got involved in Yoojin's, he comes to visit him more often than you thought he would. It's a pleasant surprise and you get to discover a new side of him whenever he holds or simply looks at his son. A side, he desperately tries to cover whenever he feels your eyes on him.

You can't point out that feeling that occurs your body, mainly caused by nervousness of seeing him again, but you feel another wave of emotion. Almost as excited, which is ridiculous. You surely feel this way because of loneliness you feel whenever Yoojin's cry can no longer be heard, and you're all by yourself in spacious apartment.

Even with Hoseok calling you every night, or making sure he says goodnight to you and Yoojin, you still feel lonely. Yet, you don't let him know that.

But once you open the door, not dwelling about how firm and different the knock sounded, your heart drops at the sight of one person you never thought you'd have to see again. That one person who makes shame creep out of its hidden place somewhere inside of you.

Seokjin's wife.

She stands in front of your front door with unreadable gaze, her black long hair are pulled up in sleek ponytail making her features more prominent and sharp. She stands tall in her heels, elegantly dressed in her burgundy pencil dress with a thin coat draped over her shoulders.