Chapter 2: Separate ways

The following morning was a bit of a blur, in fact Rosy couldn't  really seem to grasp the concept of what was going on until she was settled on the train. But now that she was, she could sit and recollect her thoughts.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

It had all started out quite peacefully, the air in the room felt comforting with the warm morning sun filtering through the curtains. It was one of those mornings which were perfect for waking up slowly to enjoy the serenity of it all. The birds outside were singing a pleasant tune as if to greet the morning and to wake a sleepy Rosy from her peaceful slumber. Buried under a heap of fluffy blankets and her pink duvet she felt herself being lifted out of an enjoyable dream by the sound of the birds sweet song.

Her eyes fluttered open and she let out a long, blissful sigh. The first thing that came to her mind was breakfast, as the incredible aroma of bacon and eggs wafted in from under the door. There was something else that she was supposed to do today, but strangely enough, she couldn't remember. Pleasant and peaceful mornings can have that type of euphoric effect on people, particularly young dreamy girls like Rosy.

It took all of five minutes, before she heard the sound of her aunt, hastily making her way up the staircase. She heard her soft footsteps making her way over to Rosy's bedroom door, before  hearing a gentle knock and then watched as the door was carefully opened.

"Rosy, darling, it's time for you to get up now my love" and tender voice said.

'mhhmmmfrrmm' was the girls muffled reply.

Sylvia smiled that loving motherly smile, before walking towards the curtains and pulling them open, letting the bright sunlight flood into the room. Rosy's eyelids flickered for a moment as they adjusted to the blinding light. She curiously watched Sylvia, as she brought over a steaming hot cup of tea and placed it down on the bed side table next to her. She then leaned forward and placed a 'good morning' kiss on the sleepy girls forehead.

' Good morning, Aunt Sylvia' said Rosy through a yawn.

" Good morning my dear, I must ask you to get up now, we don't want to be late for the train"

At this Rosy's eyes grew wide and she flung herself out of bed and quickly rushed over to the cupboard and grabbed the her clothes off of the hanger.

"Don't worry dear, we still have two hours before we have to be at the train station" she assured.

"I can't believe I forgot!" she scolded herself.  "It's my first day!" clumsily she put on her uniform and made her way downstairs before her aunt could  get another word in. 

Rosy didn't even stop to think, she snarfed down her breakfast and brushed her teeth like she was trying to break the world record. Within less than ten minutes of waking up, she had: Gotten dressed, eaten breakfast,  washed the dishes, fed the chickens, brushed her teeth and was now readily standing by the front door, Bag in hand with all of her things neatly packed and piled on top of each other. Well, almost all of her things...

Sylvia had finally caught up to the young girl after completing a few morning tasks of her own and was now standing in front of her with her hands on her hips and a slightly annoyed expression on her face. 

"Aren't we forgetting something?' she said.

'No, I've got everything!"

"Are you sure?"

Rosy watched her curiously as she reached into her pocket and pulled out  a wand, but it wasn't just a wand there was something else in her hand. A quill, an incredibly valuable and rare quill. It was a white one with beautiful patterns engraved in gold and the name Amethyst Rose Smith appeared as Rosy held it in her palm. She knew that it had belonged to her mother, and that made her feel closer to her somehow. She smiled with delight and thanked her aunt.