09

There's really a time where we crave for something that we tasted, and right now I'm craving for delight... Oh lord, that probiotic drink!

"Zaniah, where are you going?" Mom asked while looking at the bunch of papers on my table.

"Just gonna go and grab some drinks,"

I slightly replied and walked faster until I reached the convenient store near the hospital.

I can't concentrate without drinking a single drop of that probiotic drink. I don't know, hindi dapat ako binigyan ng gano'n ni Carter.

I am now addicted!

I entered the store and search for that delight drink, I remember how that bottle looks like, it was white and green detail letters...

"There you go!"

Para akong bata when I saw the bigger version of it.

I bought 3 incase Mom would love it but if she don't, I'll just put it in the fridge. I don't need her help, I can drink these on my own.

I paid for the drink and I bought bread incase I get hungry. I came back to the hospital and walk towards my office. I entered the office and I gave her a drink, I put the other one on my fridge and I opened the last one.

Dad was not around because he has a lot of things to do the Smith's. He left earlier and mom was here in my office because uncle Sean and her wife was in Lola's ward. Alam kong hindi sila okay ni uncle Sean since my mom was just adopted by Lola Janine.

Oh well, bahala sila.

"Kailan ka pa natuto uminom ng probiotic drink?" She asked

"Last week,"

She gasped, "Ah! Naalala ko, when Carter brought you a breakfast, He's holding a paper bag with this drink inside. Am I right?"

She's mocking me while poking my side, I really don't get her! Why is she pushing things? I thought tapos na siya sa pang-aasar sa'kin kay Carter since wala na rin sila dito. Oh lord, I hate it.

"Yeah," I replied with a bored tone

"And you loved the drink he gave that's why you bought one! You're craving for his foods!"

She giggled

"Just drink, Mom."

She poked me, "Anak, are you sure that you don't feel something towards him?"

She's getting into my nerves.

I stopped drinking and I stare at her, "Do you want me to tell dad what you're asking me? You're pushing me."

"Nagtatanong lang ako, anak. Ang akin lang, tumatanda na kami at gusto ko, bago kami mawala, sigurado na akong may mag-aalaga sa'yo."

She explained, I get her point but they are just in 40's. Baka nakakalimutan nilang doktor ang anak nila and I won't let that thing happen to them. Mahaba pa ang buhay and as long as I'm happy, hindi ko kailangan ng mag-aalaga sa'kin. I can take care of myself.

"And you're thinking that Carter is really the one?"

"Why not? Anak, He's kind. He's like Xavier..."

I smirked, "Why are you always talk about tito Xavier whenever we talked about Carter? Do you have feelings for him?"

She changed her mood, "Alam mo naman ang kwento namin ni Xav e, kaya ko siya laging kinocompare kay Xavier becuase I know Carter is good and kind just like him. And you know naman na back when me and your dad broke up, nagkaroon ako ng slight feelings for him. He took care of me and that's what I want you experience. Carter has his own characteristic that made me remember Xavier. Kaya kung hindi ako ang nakakuha ng pagmamahal na 'yon, sana ikaw man lang. Give yourself some time para sa love life, masarap kaya magmahal."