Introduction

If you don't particularly like reading intros, feel free to go to my first poem. But if you do, feel free to read on for some of my views on poetry and why I write in general.

To make the long story short, this is a compilation of the poems I write, some very recent, some very old, but all written by me. I used to think poems were for old grannies and grandads, but seeing on this website, it's not some obscure form of literature but it's celebrated. The fact that a popular website in the age of 2015 has a category of 'Poetry' where the main people reading are teenagers, tells me poetry is not for old people. Which I think is really great. Aside from the wild fantasies I write, sometimes raw, emotive poems is what a writer (which is what I'd like to call myself as!) needs to come back to. Writing comes from the heart, and to describe emotions to the fullest extent, you cannot simply use the same vocabulary you used when you were 5, you need to use the amazing adjectives and metaphors to put those feelings on the page-or on the screen. I belive, that is why writers and authors encourage writing diaries. I certainly do write diaries but to publish my rather mundane life online is something I'd never do, but poems is a way to convey a complex web of emotions of a teenage girl living in the modern world. Writing for me is incredibly therapeutic and an excellent way for me to release my feelings and deep secrets without another living soul hearing. It's additionally a great way to record my days so they will be preserved forever and can only be destroyed by organic matter. Be sure to keep up with my random poems and delicate paragraphs, but for now, enjoy the ones I have already. Also to take time to read the A/N (author's note) at the end as the story behind the writing is always an interesting read and perhaps could put into context, my weird and wacky writing.

- Misty-Eyed