12

(Chaeyoung)

"Books or music?"

"What?" Chaeyoung asked, her voice groggy as she squinted at the girl lying next to her. She had just woken up and her bedroom was engulfed in darkness. The only thing she could make out was a pair of familiar dark-brown eyes through the black.

"Books or music?" Lisa repeated as she moved to prop herself on her elbow.

Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes, still waking up as she fell back into the pillow to look at the ceiling. Lisa just kept on staring at her expectantly as she awaited an answer.

"Like if you had to live without one," Lisa clarified.

"I don't know," Chaeyoung mumbled as she stretched her arms, making an unusual sound as tension was relieved from her body.

"Come on," Lisa prodded, poking the girl in the side.

A grin met the dark-haired girl's lips when she noticed the way she squirmed in response to the contact. Chaeyoung was extremely ticklish.

"It's kind of a weird question," Chaeyoung began. "Books vs. Movies would make more sense..." she trailed off.

Lisa didn't even dignify her distracted ramblings with a response. She just kept on staring.

"Why can't I have both?" Chaeyoung asked, turning her head on the pillow to look up at Lisa.

"It's hypothetical, babe," Lisa replied. "Just pick one."

"Fine," Chaeyoung sighed. "Books."

"What?" Lisa questioned, crinkling her nose. "Damn it," she groaned as she fell back to lie next to Chaeyoung on her pillow.

"Music?" Chaeyoung corrected, laughing gently at the girl's response.

"That's what I thought you were going to say," Lisa explained. "Apparently I don't know as much about you as I thought. Which wasn't a lot to begin with," she pouted.

"I love music," Chaeyoung smiled as she turned to lie on her side, facing Lisa again. "But I love to read as well."

"What's your favorite book?" Lisa asked interestedly.

"I never really have a good answer for that," Chaeyoung admitted. "I usually just say whatever I read last."

"Which was?" Lisa questioned.

"I think," Chaeyoung paused, looking past Lisa as she tried to remember. "Oh right, To Kill A Mockingbird."

Lisa's face broke out into a wide smile, causing Chaeyoung to arch an eyebrow in confusion.

"I was actually in the middle of re-reading it when you knocked on my door that night," Chaeyoung remembered. "You interrupted me."

"I'm not sorry," Lisa grinned before leaning in to place a soft kiss on the girl's lips. "That's actually my favorite book as well," she added once their mouths separated.

"I always knew you had great taste," Chaeyoung joked, gesturing to her own body.

Lisa shook her head in response, but ultimately ending up leaning in to capture Chaeyoung's lips for another quick peck.

"Now you know one new thing about me," Chaeyoung smiled, stroking Lisa's forearm gently as it rested between them on the mattress.

"Actually," Lisa started as she moved to sit up. "Two things," she finished, now straddling Chaeyoung's hips.

"What?" Chaeyoung questioned, her breath hitching in response to the way the girl's brown eyes had darkened in a familiar way.

"I know that To Kill A Mockingbird is your favorite book," Lisa explained, her voice deepening as she lowered herself and her breath hitting Chaeyoung's lips as their faces were now only inches apart. "And," she paused; locking eyes with Chaeyoung's as she licked her own lips, "that you're ticklish."