• S I X •

Lauren's POV

Three out of the four gowns hung before me have been tried on & modeled. My mother & my wonderful bridal party each chose a dress for me. So far, no luck. I'm not even sure which kind of dress I was looking for. Did I want simple or extravagant? One would think I had this all figured out by age 12. Most girls plan their wedding once they learned what the hell a wedding was & how much fun it all seemed.

The last dress to try on was picked by my mother. Zoe chose a dress that was far from traditional. It was actually a light shade of mint with sewn on jewels. Mahogany chose a lavish Cinderella gown with a corset, a blinged out waistband, and the skirt covered in fluffy delicate feathers. And Phoebe chose a dress that reminded me of vintage Hollywood; it had a very high slit, embroidered lace & pearls, & the back was out, complete with a long train. So far, Phoebe's has been my favorite, I'm just scared to look at the price tag. I opened the clear garment bag that housed my mother's choice and held my breath. The wedding dress consultant had helped me button it up in the back and I gazed at myself in the mirror. I was a complete vision and I usually never see myself as such. I had hoped that when Jack saw me walk down the aisle in this, he'd be taken aback as much as I am because...this is perfect. Not too flashy, not to plain, it was just right. I began to view myself as royalty as it reminded me of the elegant gown the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, wore for her wedding.

When I walked out the fitting room, everyone gasped with happiness, clenching onto their champagne flutes. The look in my mother's eyes was definitely one for the books and she began to tear up the same time I did. I stepped onto the platform in front of the oversized mirrors and I shook my head with disbelief.

"This is the dress," my voice cracked. I tried not to cry, but the tears eased down my cheeks anyway.

Everyone was happy as they gathered around me, feeling the fabric of the dress. My mother did good. It's an off-the-shoulder ivory gown with long lace sleeves & lace across the neckline. The dress flares out toward the bottom, giving me all the room that I'd like. The consultant soon arrived with the long veil and pinned it onto my hair. Both Phoebe and my mother were covering their mouths and I was doing the same.

"He was right," Phoebe smiled. "A goddess."

. . .

Jack's POV

Johnson, Sammy, Matt, and I were all getting fitted for our suits. Lauren said our wedding colors are beachlike; turquoise, teal, gold, & beige. I had a full black suit with a gold bowtie & the guys were going to wear dark grey waistcoats instead of a blazer along with gold bowties.

While the tailor got my measurements, Johnson was glued to his phone, filming himself.

"What's up guys, we're at the formal shop, gettin' fresh," Johnson said into the camera before turning his phone around to all of us. "Young Gilinsky over there."

"Bagels!" Matt shouts in the background.

Johnson puts his phone away when another tailor calls him up to get measured.

"So where are you guys going for the honeymoon," Matt asks.

"We haven't decided yet," I replied.

"But where do you want to go," asked Johnson.

"What does it matter? He's gonna be too busy murdering her vag to worry about the scenery," Sammy lightheartedly chuckled...by himself.

"Hmm, sounds like Sammy's thinking about your girl in bed," Matt instigated.

"Sounds exactly like that," Johnson grinned.

I raised an eyebrow, glaring at Sam through the mirror.