Chapter 1: Where We Started Out

I groaned as I turned to dismiss my alarm on my Nokia Lumina phone. It was 6:30 AM and I didn't want to go to school at all. Like a normal teenager would. I begrudgingly tumbled out of bed and reluctantly changed out of my pajamas and into my outfit for the day.

As much as I'd rather sleep, my education was important and I couldn't force myself to skip school. Pulling my crop top over my head, I grinned looking in the mirror. It was black with the word 'Nope' in white caps and a red & white stripes on the sleeves. I pondered between a pair of capris and a pair of shorts. I decided to go with the capris since I wasn't trying to attract attention to myself.

With my outfit on and my sneakers laced on, I brushed my hair and put it into my usual ponytail. I sighed in relief and went ahead to browsing on my phone. Reading a couple of stories, checking into Amino, and maybe get a few Youtube videos in, if possible.

By the time 7:30 AM came around, I grabbed my backpack, my phone, my music phone (Nokia Lumina), and made my way out the door. While walking, I had my music playing in one ear and the other to listen to the outside world.

By the time I arrived at the bus stop, I took a swig of my water and plopped myself onto the ground, waiting. Although it was annoying when bugs were flying around me, I tried ignoring them until the bus arrived and I would have the salvation of air conditioning. I could've easily walked to school but I didn't want to be sweating upon arriving.

By the time I finally got to school, I raced towards the cafeteria to get breakfast. Despite panting from the sprint, I scarf the orange juice, chocolate chip muffin, and chocolate milk down. I toss my trash and find my way towards my first period class. Unbeknowingly to me, the school had a confusing layout and as I continued my effort to find an entrance, I finally prevailed.

I walk inside the classroom and take a seat in the front. I preferred sitting up front due to my eyesight and being farsighted. Everything in each class was normal, besides that the school had a homeroom period. My previous highschool for my freshman year didn't have that. I'd only discover later on that I'd have to get used to 30 minutes for lunch rather than an hour like my previous highschool.

Second period was English 2. My teachers were pretty cool so far. Period 3 consisted of Robotics 1. When I was being registered, the school didn't give me many choices for electives. So I chose this class because it had something to do with technology. Fourth period was Spanish 2. I should've done this last year but they never put it there because maybe my schedule didn't have room??

Anyways, I did Spanish 1 in 8th grade or middle school/junior-high school. This period was also when we'd get lunch. Sadly for me, I didn't know anyone at this school so I sat alone while eating lunch. Fifth period came around and I was thrilled to be in orchestra. The class was at least enjoyable seeing as I only practice my violin while in class.

When I stored my violin and case into my assigned locker, the bell rang for 6th period. Geometry just so happened to be a building across from my 7th period Chemistry class. I snag a seat up front and worked on the bell work on the overhead.

Towards the end of class, I heard what I could only assume was rumbling. 'I hope its not going to rain. I didn't bring my umbrella today.' I whined in my thoughts. The intercom speakers made a sound as they turned on.

"Attention all students and faculty. Please evacuate the buildings. Police are on their way to capture the assailants. Do not seek out the trouble. Thank you and stay safe."