Chapter 12

Hiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee. Now this chapter is quite long due to the battle. But hope you enjoy every minute of it!

“Ziora!” Chintaman shouted.

“Watch out!” Nyozom tried to warn her to move quickly from the sandy spot she stood on.
She didn’t know that sandy spot was quicksand. But this quicksand was quicker than usual. Within one minute ¾ of her body was buried, her hands being above her head.

“Shurui catch!” She threw the book to him across the river and used her ability Crustal Change to form a different structure of the soil and sand below her.

Shurui caught the book, however, due to the slim that was defensively squirted on his hands by a plant when he tried to pick it, the book fell into the river and flowed rapidly along it. Yuki ran to catch up with the river's speed.

“Yuki be ware the Crocodiles ahead!” Chintaman knowing the land so well, warned Yuki of the replies popping out the river for some supper. 

“Waw! You guys are big! Wonder what you taste like!!” Yuki used Warm's power of fire. But just before he could fry the reptiles, Ziora busted out the earth in front of Yuki as he ran, then halted.

“No! Don’t hurt them, they are just hungry. It’s animal instincts to survive, they don’t know what is right from wrong!” 

“Ziora the book is getting away!”

“Don’t worry I can get it! EVOLUTION!” She clamoured with her hands in the air. Winds spiraled around her and the animals in the river.

[Use your tail to stop the book in the river…] Now suddenly, her thoughts were understood by the crocodiles! Their tails stopped the book in which she took.

[Thank you…] After her small conversation, she didn’t want to leave until the crocodiles were fed. 

“Chintaman, can you teleport to the nearest ocean and get a fish?”

“A single fish?”

“Yes please!”

“Okay?” Going to the ocean way far south, 123 kilometres away, he grabbed a fish from the shallow waters swiftly and re-appeared with his team.

“Here you go”

“Thanks….Accumulation…” She placed her left hand of the fish in her right and spoke the word that activated another ability.

The fish produced one from one, then two from two, and three from three, it kept going until the river was inundated with fish for weeks for the crocodiles to eat.

“So you can control plants and animals?” Hioto questioned her from behind.

“AHHH! Oh! Didn’t see you there! You just….appeared! Your personality definitely suits yours powers, and yes I can control both, animals are apart of nature after all”

“True…” 

Five days. By counting on Shurui's fingers, he noticed only five days had passed since the mission began, which to him was astonishing. He checked the calendar in Ziora's backpack.

9th August, 2023. The small watch in her bag illustrated the  time. Two minutes pass five on a Sunday. Which meant he had 58 minutes left until his speech came back. 

“Hey, Shu, how are you doing?” Yuki dropped to the back of the group to question his best friend. He might not be able to speak, but his eye roll showed Yuki he was not interested in talking to him through any kind of language. Not after all the teasing.