Cactai

A month had gone past since Adam had passed from the realms of the living into the dead; I still wasn't coping well.

I was moping around the house, as my mum calls it. Just sitting at the sofa or in my room looking at pictures of us and crying. I hadn't gone to work in ages.

I worked alongside Adam in a publishing company that we both set up, which is doing amazingly.

I want to say, no I don't live with my mum, she decided to move in with me after Adam died. She knew how badly I'd react...

"Nyx Luna, get your lazy arse up out of bed! You're going to work. Get changed!" Mum shouted in her strong London accent, equal to my own.

"FINE!" I shouted loudly in retort as I slammed open my walk in wardrobe door, and stepped inside.

Instantly I grabbed my oversized white fitted blouse, that was Adams favourite, and put it on over my underwear, next finding my black pencil skirt, black expensive heels, skin colour tights and finally my fitted black blazer.

Proudly after I'd changed, curled my hair and put my horn-rimmed brown/black glasses on, finishing my usual look. FORMIDABLE, that's what many people outside of the company described me, or many people who didn't know me.

"Very nice now Nyx, have these pancakes then you can drive us to your work." Mum smiled as she handed me some chocolate chip american pancakes...