Chapter 3

Nya knocked on Jay's door lightly. It was around 12 a.m, and she really needed to get away from the stress of this latest mission; but she was given a rule. If she wants to go out, she has to tell someone of it. No more "running off", is what they say.

"Come in." Jay said, the sound being slightly muffled from the door.

Nya entered, seeing him and Lloyd play on the Nintendo 64 they recently got working a few days ago. Jay stopped playing once he saw his girlfriend walk in quite nervously and opening his arms for her to snuggle into.

She did, taking her hair tie out and fiddling with it, while Lloyd also paused the game to wonder why she hadn't said anything. Normally it'd be a 'Hey sweetheart' or in the blondes case; 'Hey Rapunzel.' So that was nice. Anyway, he raised on eyebrow while Jay shrugged and creased his own, lifting the black haired girl's chin up so their eyes met.

"You okay baby?" Jay asks, using the pet name to make Nya blush and smile gently. She hadn't been smiling a lot for this past days - hell she's barely being smiling for a while. She was like this a few years back from Morro's Possesion to when four of the ninja and Sensei Wu came back from the first realm. It was starting to become worrying again, especially after a year and a half of a decent enough mental health, or at least he thinks. That's what he hopes.

Nya nodded, burying her face back into his chest and closing her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again.

"Tired?" Jay suggested, seeing that there was bags under her eyes and said eyes were slightly bloodshot. Again, hoping that was from being tired and not crying. But again, she's quite sensitive anyway, and doesn't really show her true emotions in front of anyone expect herself, or if someone sits her down and repeats the question about 20 times. Although it annoys her, she'll crack.

She shrugged, and then sat up in his lap. "Don't know to be honest." She said, her voice stretching out while she stretched out her arms. "I've been watching Netflix almost all day, minus training and having to go out to eat." She mumbled, ruffling with her hair slightly.

Jay hummed and nodded, holding her hands gently. "What's up Nya? You don't normally come here without a reason." Lloyd asked, worried for his friend. Normally she'd tell Lloyd to leave or Jay would leave so him and Nya could talk or cuddle, but now she was letting him see her like this? Strange.

"Oh no, I was just gonna ask if I could go to the ocean." Nya replied, shaking her head to contradict Lloyd's suggestion and confirm why she was here.

Lloyd and Jay held worried glances at each other. "Honey I don't know, have you heard about the person that went missing about a week ago? They were by the water too." He said worriedly, afraid the same fate will occur to her as it did to the woman.

Nya sighed. "But who was the woman?" She wondered out loud to Lloyd and Jay, hoping they had the answer to their question.

They didn't, the police hadn't told anyone what she looks like or anything like that yet, as they are going to make it a private investigation for now, as it was instructed by her boyfriend. Only for now, that's if they find anything.

"We don't know." Lloyd breathed out. Nya then groaned and rolled her eyes. "Please. I won't stay out late, I promise." She was almost begging at this point, like a little kid asking for five more minutes on their games console or five more minutes to stay up before bed in a school night. I mean yeah, she was the youngest, but that doesn't mean she has to beg and plead to go to a place she stayed over for a long time over curfew and went over to a friends house once!

Jay kissed her forehead gently and rubbed his arm, guilt running through his veins. He hissed through his teeth and held Nya's hands. "Sweetie I really don't think you should go until the case is closed, rather the woman is dead or alive." He pleaded.