A Perfect Day For Quidditch

Authors note: Thank you to everyone for reading so far. I have really been enjoying writing the next few chapters and I would love some feedback on what you think will happen or what you'd like to see!

" Lil you've done the N way bigger than the A." Pointed out Charlotte looking down from her position atop Aria's bed.

The sixth year girls were variously hunched on the floor of the dorm attempting to make signs for the day's match against Ravenclaw. Aside from Ruby who had already left for an early breakfast. James preferred his players to eat before the majority of the school to help with pre match nerves.

" Come and do it yourself then." Grumbled Lily looking critically at her handiwork. She was supposed to be spelling out 'Vance is Gryffindor's chance' in red paint. Her artistic talents were severely lacking in comparison to Aria who was currently drawing an impressive Phoenix on the other sign.

" I would but you know preggers." Replied Charlotte gesturing to her belly.

" Is that going to be your excuse for the next five months ?" Laughed Aria.

" Well I've got to get some benefit out of it." Retorted Charlotte with a cheeky smile.

" Do we think glitter is too much?" Asked Alice who was doing the lettering on Ruby's sign.

" Glitter is never too much. Besides they need to spot it from all the way up in the air." Replied Sappphire. She was supposed to be helping Lily with Emmeline's sign but had taken to pacing the room instead, a task made difficult by the pots of paint, glitter and pens that littered the floor.

" Why did we leave this to the last minute?" Bemoaned Lily as she struggled with her sign.

" Because somebody lost the ones we made last year." Said Alice pointedly.

" I maintain it wasn't me who took them home for summer!" Protested Sapphire.

" Alice I think you've got paint your hair." Noted Charlotte.

" Oh great. My hair is far too long I'm thinking of getting it cut in Hogsmeade."

" Don't worry Al it's gryffindor colours, you can match me!" Said Aria brightly having used her wand to turn the tips of her blonde hair red. Coupled with her all red outfit it gave the slight impression that she was on fire.

" There's no way these will dry in time for the match." Observed Lily looking over her finished sign.

" Magic Lily magic." Charlotte reminded her.

" I'm nervous for Ruby." Admitted Sapphire. She'd pinched an old practice strip from Sirius to wear and her hands were desperately pulling at the sleeves.

" She puts so much pressure on herself. If she doesn't play well today I know she'll be beating herself up about it for months. You know every chance she could this summer she was over at Emmelines practicing." She fretted anxiously.

" Not to alarm anyone but we are going to be late at this rate." Aria informed them.

Once everyone glanced at the clock there was a great rush to get ready. Various cloaks, scarves, shoes and signs were assembled in a flurry of activity and they quickly trooped downstairs. They barely had time to grab a couple of slices of toast off the end of the gryffindor table before they were forced out into the brisk November air. The joined the group of stragglers making their way towards the pitch, mainly hufflepuff and slytherin students who weren't as fussed to get good seats for the match. The teams flew out to a roar from the crowd just as they made it to the busy stands. Thankfully Remus and Peter had saved them seats and they gratefully squeezed in beside them.