The Truth Untold

.•° ✿ °•.

Maehara Hiroto...

The 'Ugly' Man. The son of a Duke.

His father fell in love of a gardener's daughter and had a baby with her, but the daughter had soon passed away due to severe bleeding after giving birth to a child. Presumably, that very child was the infamous Maehara Hiroto.

The Duchess wanted to kill the poor boy, so did her children. Thus, his father sent him far away from his cruel family in order to protect him

In present time, in an isolated castle, lives Maehara. He lives there alone. He hid in the old castle due to the hate and the displeasure of others. Because of this, Maehara never dared to open up to anyone, and if anyone did, he'd hide.

During his isolation, Maehara had an enjoyment of watching his flowers grow in his beautiful garden, that is until one night.

A strange man has appeared in his garden. He was dressing in nothing but rags, but has pale yet vibrant gold eyes, and the frizzy soft, jet black hair. That man has jumped over the fence and stole a couple of Maehara's flowers. The grotesque man was enraged. Why would someone steal his precious flowers? Something that he enjoyed to watch grow?

After that incident, Maehara decided to take initiative and watched over his flowers the next evening, but failed to do so. He had fallen asleep and the flower thief came back to his garden and ran off with more of Maehara's flowers. This has been going on for several nights.

One day, Maehara fooled the peasant man by making him think that he was asleep. He had watched the mysterious thief come and go. His curiosity grew and unconsciously, Maehara had waited for him. Every night that the man would come and steal, Maehara would cover up and follow him to only find out that his name was Isogai Yuuma and he was penniless and ill. Isogai would use the flowers that he had stolen to sell them.

Maehara felt pity for him, but he wanted to help him. He wanted to teach Isogai his way of growing flowers, but he never had the strength to go to him because of the fear of him scaring the sick man away with his hideous face. The only way Maehara could support Isogai was to keep his flowers blooming and healthy so Isogai could come back and loot the flowers.

The orange haired male came up with an idea to help the raven one. Maehara made the effort to create a new flower. A flower that no one has ever seen before. A flower that Isogai could steal and sell for a higher price. After several attempts, Maehara did it. He created the flower bud that hasn't existed before.

The Smeraldo Flower.

With that bud, Maehara filled his garden with the unique flower. He was hoping that this flower would support his ill soul mate.

Isogai never came back.

No matter how long Maehara had waited and waited for him to come back, he never did. Maehara felt a wave of anxiety flourish him. He masked his face and wandered about in the village to know the whereabouts of Isogai, but...

He was too late...

He had found out that Isogai had succumbed to his illness.

From then on, Maehara had lived with guilt. If only he had approached him, maybe things would be different. Maybe, just maybe, his friend would still be alive.

°•. ✿ .•°