Say It (Part I)

Italics is flashback.

Jennie was in high school, her senior year to be exact, when she met, fell in love and got her heart broken by Lisa.

It was lunch time and Jennie saw a commotion out on the quadrangle from her view all the way from the second floor. People were rushing down the stairs to go down and have a better look at what was happening.

Soojin, one of Jennie's friends hurriedly came to her. "What's happening, Soojin?"

"It's your brother." Soojin said. She was panting from all the running she did. She had to get Jennie as soon as she heard what the ruckus outside was about.

Jennie became alarmed at the mention of her brother. "What? What about Ronnie?"

Instead of answering, Soojin pulled her by the arm and to the stairs. "I'm not sure but Liam and his friends are beating his up." The younger girl explained as they went down the stairs.

Hearing that made Jennie's legs move faster when she thought she was already moving as fast as she could. All that was running in her head was that she needed to help her brother.

Being the older one of the two, Jennie always had the mentality that she needs to protect Ronnie, even if she had to put herself between those big guys to help her brother, she would.

The finally got to the quad and the duo pushed their way forcefully till they got to the middle of the circle. Jennie didn't know what she would do once she got to the middle, she was thinking to just let her instincts run free even if one of Liam's boys hit her. She was prepared to get hurt but when she got to the middle, what she saw was something she wasn't anticipating.

Instead of Liam and his friends beating up Ronnie, Jennie saw them being beaten up instead but it didn't matter, her eyes quickly searched for Ronnie and thankfully, she found him, although he had some scratches, he looked safe where he was standing.

Jennie saw Lisa and her group of friends, Bambam, Jisoo and Taeyong landing punches on Liam and his friends. Ronnie stood behind Rosé, Jisoo's girlfriend, where it looked like she was shielding him.

At one point, Lisa grabbed Liam by his collar. His face looked like it had received enough punches. "What did I tell you about ganging up on defenceless people, huh?" Lisa shouted at the boy's face. Lisa lifted her fist up in the air as if she was about to punch him again.

Liam shielded his face with his arms. "No, please. Stop, stop."

"If you're looking for a fight, come to us." Lisa motioned to her and her group of friends. "Not pick on some innocent kid."

Jennie saw Lisa tighten her hold on Liam's collar, causing him to choke and make him beg. "Please let me go! I won't do it again."

"Pussy!" Lisa spat one last time before harshly releasing Liam's collar, resulting on him to fall on the ground on his back.

Jennie kept her eyes on Lisa as she walked away and she spotted her going to her brother. Lisa rested her hand on Ronnie's arm and said a few words to him that Jennie couldn't make out.

Jennie ran across the yard and to Ronnie, embracing him once he was within her grasp. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

Ronnie lightly pushed Jennie away from him. Shyly, he responded, "I'm okay." But Jennie was already examining the bruise on his face.

"You're welcome." Someone said and it turned out to be Jisoo. That made Jennie look at who said it and she found the group of friends still standing there. She forgot about them.