Chapter 1~ From The Beginning

*FLASHBACK*

Benjamin Ripley is a 14-year-old boy with Level 16 Math skills. He attends St. Smithen's Science Academy for Boys and Girls, undercover for the CIA Academy of Espionage.

"You've failed every class," Mr. Tremblay said, setting down Ben's report card.

Mr. Tremblay taught Algebra since it was the only class he didn't fail while he was in Spy School, though since he didn't have much to do, he was assigned as the guidance counselor.

"But what's the point? I'm not supposed to be a spy; I'm only the mole waiting to get attacked and killed," Ben answered disappointedly.

"No one said you were a mole," Mr. Tremblay countered.

"But I am, I can't fight, nor can I shoot properly, one of the teachers said I fought like a wet tissue."

"Well, you can't get better at anything with that mindset, can you? Let's move on. We can't let you go on to the next year with these grades, so the teachers have all decided to have you make it harder for an incoming first year. But there's a catch, if you fail you will be held back, and if you succeed you can move on to the next grade. So, what do you say?"

"I can barely fight, what makes you think I can beat a first year?"

"At least try, Benjamin," Mr. Tremblay replied.

"Fine, I'll try," Ben said grudgingly, looking out the window.

"Alright then, be here by August 16, at exactly 2000 hours (8:00 pm)," Mr. Tremblay said as his eyes shined in excitement.

As Ben went down to mentally prepare himself in his room, Erica was sitting on her grandpa's couch. Watching out the window for her father, Alexander Hale, to come and pick her up.

Erica Hale is a 13-year-old girl and the daughter of Alexander Hale, who is supposedly the best spy they've ever produced.

Erica had been waiting for hours for Alexander to arrive, but as minutes became hours, Erica threw off her backpack and walked upstairs to her room knowing well enough Alexander wasn't going to get here for a while.

As time passed, Alexander finally rang the doorbell. Erica rushed downstairs to open the door.

"Hi, Pumpkin," Alexander announced, opening his arms for a hug only to have Erica ignore he was even there.

"Don't call me that, and if you can't tell, it's 1945 hours, you were supposed to be here an hour ago," Erica said, flashing her phone at her dad.

"Hey, I was in Siberia taking down a wanted criminal who was trying to steal precious metals," Alexander countered

"One, a flight from Siberia to Washington DC is roughly around nineteen to twenty-one hours," Erica reminded Alexander.

"So, I spent a whole day on a plane to drop you off," Alexander fumed. "You should be grateful I'm wasting my time to drop you off,"

"You were literally on your phone three hours ago, and, if I remember correctly, you don't have reception on airplanes."

Alexander stayed quiet as Erica continued to prove him wrong.

"So, I'm guessing people on airplanes get to sit on the wings of the plane to enjoy pizza, right?" Erica concluded. "Maybe you should take me fine-dining on airplane wings."

"Well, you see-"

"Oh, shut up, I already know how much you suck at being a spy," Erica smiled, waving him off.

Alexander sighed, defeated as he loaded Erica's luggage in the car.

"Now, that's my granddaughter!" Cyrus smiled, amused at Erica.