Chapter 3

"Ah, there you are. Max, Ari, there has been a change of plans. We recently found out that the flock is coming here today. So, we won't be sending Ari out to bring them here." he said. I see Ari deflate a little. I looked at Dr. Hans in confusion.

  "Wait, the flock is coming here? Today? Why would they do that?" My voice rose slightly, making the others glance over at us. Dr. Hans looked at me, a strange glint in his dark eyes.

  "They are coming for you, Max. Somehow, they found your location and decided to come to "rescue" you. Oh, and when I say flock, I mean flocks, as in both of them." he said. My face harden.

"You mean Fang's flock?" I couldn't help, but let a bit of the bitterness I felt against him enter my voice.

  Dr. Hans looked at me. "Yes, indeed. They seem quite worried about you from what I have seen. Well, anyway we have to set up a trap for them. You're going to have to pretend to be captured in this cage so we can capture them. Tell them we have been keeping you here for the past few months, you believe. Feed them lies if you have to, but make it believable." He got a rather hungry look that I had never seen in him.

  I shifted from foot to foot, then realized I must have looked uncomfortable. I straighten.

  "I will see to it, Dr. Hans." I said, no expression on my face. He nodded then left the room. Then, the others ushered Ari out, because they were to help me set up the plan. Ari casted me one last glance then turned to leave. One of them with spiked blond hair looked at me.

  "Alright, sweetheart. Let's begin."