Chapter 2: I need to know

Richelle's POV

I think that I feel this way because I feel unprotected. Like the façade I used to wear is now broken. No one else is used to this more emotionally aware Richelle. Not even me.
I walk into the studio and it is empty. Everyone is there but it's still empty. Jacquie's gone. Noah is gone, Michelle is gone. Gosh, I never thought the next step would feel like this.
Emily and this man walk in and Emily starts talking:
- Hello everyone, I hope you are well and ready to a fresh new start. - New start? Maybe. Fresh? Not at all. - This is Nick, the new studio's owner. Nick?
- Hello every body! I'm so excited to be here and work with you. I know you're very talented so I know we can make great things together.
Everyone claps and smile, and so do I. I like this Nick... but I still miss Michelle.
Anyway, we start warming up and for some reason, it's Nick who starts giving directions.
- Ok, so for the line placements we're going to hold duets auditions. And we're going to use this app Emily told me about to pair you.
- Can't we work with whoever we feel comfortable with? - Kenzie spoke up.
- Well, this time we would actually want to see how versatile and adaptable you are so, we're going for pairing you with the app. It's all random.
Nick entered our names in the app and pressed a button and voila, we're all paired up.
This time, I had to work with Summer. Don't misunderstand me. I like her, but I also don't feel fully comfortable around her. I don't know, probably we're just too different. I'll have to adapt myself to the situation.
- So... what song should we use? - She asks.
- I actually don't know - I say softly but emotionless. - How about you choose?
I would usually be the lead but this time I don't know if being the lead the whole time is worth the effort. Who knows? Something good might come out of this.
I can tell Summer is surprised for what I said.
- Sure? - She says.
- Yeah sure.
- Well, I've been listening to Parallel World a lot lately... what do you think?
- I like it. What's going to be the story?
- Do we need a story? - she says.
- Well, it would be better if we have one.
- Right, so, I was thinking of...