Potions Class

You pushed your way through the swarm of pupils and fumbled up the stairs as fast as you could in hopes to catch Harry in the common room. Out of breath, you turned the corner to see him sitting comfortably on the deep red sofa in front of the crackling fire. Ron sat beside him, stuffing his face with sweets as per usual.

You approached them slowly. Ron welcomed you back and told you how much he missed you. He stood up and wrapped his arms around your narrow torso. His grip was tight and he felt warm.
It felt good to be hugged although you were really wishing this hug was coming from Harry.

Ron asked all about your break and made sure you were okay. You never really wrote to your friends in the holidays simply because you were so busy studying.

Harry sat in silence as he eavesdropped into your conversation with Ron, too embarrassed to speak up.

You spent the rest of the evening in the common room, chatting away with all of your friends. Occasionally you looked over at Harry but the whole time, he sat with blurry eyes as he stared deep into the fire.

It was now the first morning back and you were already late for your first class. For Ron and you, it was potions. Harry was usually in that class too but Professor Dumbledore required him in his office. It was probably something to do with Harry being "the chosen one" and all that bullshit.

You went to your bench with Ron. Opened your books and set up your apparatus.
Ron then whispered to you;

"Did you know that Harry hasn't stopped talking about you all summer?"

To which you replied;

"I had no idea. Is he upset at me? He hasn't put any effort into engaging with me since we've been back."

"I think he might have something to tell you..." Ron said.

"Quiet boy. Save the flirting for after class."
Exclaimed Professor Snape.

Your face was almost as red as Ron's and Ron's face was pretty fucking red. You whispered:

"Ron, you're cheeks are practically crimson and with that hair too...it would be unfair not to compare you to a tomato."

As Ron began to chuckle, a booming voice made its way to us from the other side of the classroom.

"QUIET. BOTH OF YOU SHALL SEE ME IN DETENTION AT LUNCH." Screamed Snape.

You huffed and put you head in your hands. Ron then sighed in response to you. This was going to be one of the longest lessons in history.