Chapter 4

I wasn't tied to the bed. I was surprised I wasn't. I felt pain every time I tried to move. There was many layers of thick blankets over me. I was still freezing. I opened both my eyes. I was in a large room. The walls were wooden. The sun was shinning through the large window on the right wall of the bed. My eyes burned when I tried to look through it. You weren't anywhere in the room. I moved my head to look all around the room. My throat burned.

I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. I lifted the many blankets on top of me to look at my body. I made sure all my limbs were there. I wriggled my fingers and toes. I saw them move, but I couldn't feel them. I was wearing a long long-sleeve T-shirt. I didn't have pants on. No wonder why my legs were so cold.

I ran my hand under my shirt and then down to my underwear. The thought of what you could have done to me crept in my mind. I started to panic.

"I didn't rape you," you answered like you were reading my mind.

I looked up, looking around the room to find you. My eyes were blurry from the light coming from the window. You were standing at the doorway to the left of the bed. I moved all the way to the edge of the bed, away from you. You stepped to the other side of the bed.

"Your clothes are beside the bed."

I closed my eyes tightly so I didn't have to look at you.

Then I turned my head away from you to look beside the bed. There were clothes neatly folded on a chair next to the bed. There was the thick coat you had put on me earlier. Also, the boots you made me put on.

You sat at the end of the bed. I curled up to get away as much as possible from you. My breath became heavy. I couldn't think straight and my heart was racing. I knew I wasn't supposed to be there. The situation was not good. I didn't know how I'd gotten there. I didn't know if you did anything to me.

I finally looked at you. I gripped the blanket on top of me. My breathing getting fast. When I found your face, I didn't want you to be the same person I found attractive at the airport. I'd expected you to be someone else. But you were the same: green eyes, longish, curly, dark brown hair, tattoos all over. You were still beautiful as I remembered but you were evil.

You looked at me with a blank face. Your green eyes now dark and cold. I moved the blanket up as far as it could go to cover everything. I left my eyes uncovered so I could see. I was frozen and stiff. You were waiting for me to say something. Waiting for the questions you knew I wanted to ask. When I didn't say anything, you answered them anyway.

"I brought you here." You waited a few seconds to speak again. "You're in pain because of the drugs. You'll be that way for a few days."

The room began to spin. I shut my eyes to stop it. I could hear your breathing. It was slow.

"Why'd you take me?" I whispered.

"I had to," you answered quickly.

I tired to move my legs to put them on the floor. They didn't go. I was at the very edge of the bed, about to slide off. I hugged my legs in front of me.

"Where am I?"

You opened your mouth to answer but then closed it. You took a deep breath and then let it out. The bed creaked as you stood from the bed. I realized everything was quiet. No other noises around, except yours.

"You're here, and you're safe," you finally answered.