Chapter 4

The Night We Met by Lord Huron https://open.spotify.com/track/0QZ5yyl6B6utIWkxeBDxQN

・:*。flashback ・:*三

September 28, 2018

// pick me up and take me like a vitamin //

// 'cause my body's sweet like sugar venom oh yeah //

A booming Lana Del Ray track took him by surprise as Jeonghan opened the sliding doors to his shared room's balcony. The loud music must had come from the one next to theirs, which he didn't bother to look at and closed the sliding doors back, deciding it was too hot outside and the air conditioning in the room felt much better.

"Too hot?" Seokmin asked, as he fixed their luggage against a wall near the bathroom. The hall to their door was blocked by the guy as he fiddled around with the zipper of his suitcase.

"Yeah," Jeonghan shielded the room against the scorching midday sunlight with the long curtains, then proceeding to lay down his bed. He took out his phone to call Jun and ask him to play with him when Jun beat him to it; he, Seungkwan, and Hansol knocked and entered their room. They all crammed through the hall with Seungkwan's easing voice bouncing off of the walls.

"Hey, I was just about to call you to play with me," Jeonghan told Jun, who crossed the gap by the other bed and sat by his side.

"Manager Kang said they'll deliver the food here." Junhui shrugged and laid down beside the older, taking out his phone from his pocket and asked, "What should we play?"

Seokmin stood up from his crouched position after laying down his luggage, hands on his waist, "Seungkwan-ah, why are you here, guys?"

"We'll have lunch here, Hyung, and besides I was bored." Seungkwan replied, hugging the older by his back before sitting beside Hansol.

The latter threw himself on Seokmin's bed parallel to Jeonghan's, clicked his way on the television remote and found no channel that peaked his interest. "We're planning to look around after lunch, maybe go to the amusement park up front after some art store stop. You wanna join us?"

"There are other rides besides the ferris wheel?" Hansol nodded at Seokmin. "I'll think about it."

"I wanna look through some goods, see what I can buy," Jeonghan pitched in while tapping wildly on his phone as the sound of screeching cars resonated from his and Jun's phone. Hansol shut the television off, turned on his bluetooth speakers he brought with him, and played a playlist of their own songs—What's Good coming through as the first one. He stood up and placed the small circular thing under the television on the small worktop, and paced for the balcony curtains when the door of the room opened.

The rest of the members with some other staff went inside with bags of packed meals and a few trays of room service food on their hands. A loud Soonyoung shouted out his excitement over the beautiful sunny day as he entered the room, earning a few smacks from Jihoon behind him. Jeonghan looked up from his phone and exclaimed, "Ya! Why would yall decide to eat here when the room's too small for all of us?!"

"To tease you." Joshua remarked and snickered at the guy, helping a staff on the small dining area take out some boxes.

Seungcheol walked over beside Hansol and helped him push the curtains out to the corner, "This room's so depressing, come on, bring some natural light in," Opening the doors to the balcony, a gush of hot wind greeted him on his face, "Fuck."