Chapter 2

Stuck in Gravity by Of Monsters and Men

https://open.spotify.com/track/3AF6JW5zzVmSkQWIKMVYqh?si=wFMjKzL8SBi-8qA__iKNwA

Jeonghan's parents and his younger sister Jaein arrived in the morning from Hwaseong, before anyone could pull themselves out of their beds. Jaein entered the house with her parents with a spare key Seokmin gave them before Jeonghan's service was over. Their mom proceeded to prepare a massive breakfast for everyone while her husband helped with unpacking the side-dishes they brought.

As per her mother's orders, Jaein silently pushed through the flight of stairs until she reached the last floor. Turning to the right hall, she arrived in front of Jeonghan's room and just like old times, she barged in as loudly and boldly as she can to rattle the shit out of her sleeping older brother. "Jeonghan!" she exclaimed as she jumped on top of her sleeping brother's figure.

Jaein's weight was enough to wake Jeonghan up, letting out a deep grumble against his pillow. It felt all too familiar for him to realize he really is out of the military quarters and it's his first morning back to his normal life. He recognized the voice as his sister's, exactly like how it used to be when they were a lot younger living together in their parents' house or when he'd come home to Hwaseong every now and then if they're free of schedule. His sister—only two years younger than him—would wake him up exactly like this: a loud slam of a door against a wall, a sound of shuffling feet around until he'd feel a ton of weight slam upon him with a shrieking voice calling him out repeatedly.

After successfully dragging her brother down to the kitchen, Jaein stumbled against the counter holding Jeonghan on one hand, and just like that, their family was whole again in one room which took quite a while. His family, especially his parents, visited him a lot of times during his service. Despite that, his mom still couldn't help but tear up as Jeonghan leaned in to her for a tight hug.

After all the hugs and kisses from his parents and the small talks he made with them and his sister, the members woke up with a heavenly smell of hangover soup reaching their rooms and went down one by one—some with their hands inside their pants scratching their bums—soon filling the long table in their dining area. Each of them greeted Jeonghan's parents properly and thanked them for the food. Before any of them could start eating, two other sets of families arrived and shrieked with the sight of their sons with the rest of the members. Soon enough, the oak table was filled with all sorts of food.

Despite having a long table fit for the thirteen of them, some of the members had to eat on the marble counter so all of the parents and their sons could eat together on the table. Light chatter filled the atmosphere once again, warm gazes exchanged from sons and parents as they fill each other of food and stories. Throughout the years, parents of the members had naturally gotten closer with each other and with each other's sons, treating everyone as if they are their own.

The early morning light dressed the room as everyone continued on with their light conversations. Jeonghan's mother got up to get more soup for Seungcheol, bringing in more than a bowl for someone who might need another. "Where's your sister?" she asked to her first born.

Jeonghan looked around the table, to the members scattered by the counter, to Soonyoung and Jihoon lost in their own world by the corner, and to no avail Jaein is nowhere to be found.

"I think she went to the laundry area in the back." Seokmin must've heard and butted in.

"Fetch her for me, please," Jeonghan followed his mom's instructions and excused himself from the table. He went past the living room and turned left for the glass-walled passage hall that leads to a small garden they have beyond glass walls. On his right corner is the laundry area where baskets for each member are stacked neatly against a wall. He looked for his if some member did his for him and noticed it missing. He checked outside where they dry their laundry off if his was still hanged up. Some are Junhui's and Vernon's but none are his.