Chapter 17: The Sheep in a Wolf's Clothing (Part 2)

Techno music blasted spontaneously while the entire and the noticeable aura of young enthusiasm screamed from the male and female youngsters at River dale High. Arms were flung in the air as everyone nudged themselves into each other. With the looks on their faces, they were having the fun of their entire life—so fun that they couldn't even notice their bodies smashing against each other  on the dance floor from jumping frantically and rhythmically to the music.

I just stood their idly since my brain wasn't too accustomed to the environment. It looked as if I walked in to a bizarre ritual of savages in a rainforest.

"Hey..." Nick tried to yell through the music. "Are you gonna go join the others instead of just standing there."

My group of clowns were in the back of the gigantic living room while spectating the entire lively commotion.

"What?" I yelled back.

"ARE YOU GONNA GO JOIN THE OTHERS INSTEAD OF JUST STANDING THERE??"

"WHAT?"

Nick shot his index finger at the direction of a couple of girls that were in silky gown dresses with their hairs pulled back in a enormous bun as disco lights nearly camouflaged their appearances in neon rays of red, yellow, and blue.

"HEY LIN," Nick screamed and coughed a bit. "I CAN'T STAND HERE HOLDING A CUP OF WINE—"

"IT'S CRANBERRY JUICE!" I corrected.

"SHUT UP I KNOW YOU MR. FAKE GATSBY! BUT THE POINT IS THAT THE MORE I SEE THOSE GIRLS, THE MORE I THINK MY TIME HAS COME!"

He then drew his arm to his forehead and gave me a patriotic salute.

"THIS MAY BE MY ONLY SHOT AT EVER TALKING TO A GIRL. I HAVE A FAVOR TO ASK YOU, MY COMRADE!"

"What is it...." I asked in a dead tone of voice as I couldn't comprehend what really is going on in his head.

"IF I DIE ON THAT BATTLEFIELD...."

"IT'S A DANCE FLOOR YOU VIRGIN!" retorted Stephen.

"SHUT UP I KNOW! I'M GOING IN ANYWAYS!"

For some reason, we all naturally drew our hands to our forehead in salute as he fox-trotted to the group of girls. The music died down a bit and transitioned into "Staying Alive" by The Bee Gees.

"Are you sure that was actually cranberry juice?" Morgan asked. "I think it might've been wine."

"Shut up you virgin." Daniel said.

"Jokes on you, I am one because I chose to be one until I get married. That means you every one of you is going to hell."

"Well...looks like Nick is going first." Stephen said as we looked off in the distance in which our fallen soldier takes a knee to his groin by one of the girls as he withers in agony. The other girls walked away in a offended manner.

"Haha...there goes Nick." Ralph said.

"Good for nothing." Daniel added.

"Hey guys..." said Stephen.

We looked at him.

"Do you want to go in as well?"

"Dude, we just saw Nick's nuts split in half by those girls." Daniel said. Just as he said that, Nick came limping back as he cupped his hand over his swollen nut sack. His face was drained into a colorless gray.

Daniel caught his fall as Nick struggled to stand up straight.

"Tell my wife....I.....love her..." Nick faltered as his restrained tone of voice hinted a deep distress.