12: Sparks were a flying

a.n: 

So we made it - the final chapter of this story!
Two parts and 32 chapters later, I hope this was a cute, soft end to the dramatic journey we've all been on together haha x

----------------------------------------

in this chapter...

Part two of the Wayhaught wedding
Speeches, dances and some drunken fluff :)

----------------------------------------

Confetti rained down on them as they swung their hands, walking down the makeshift aisle together, petals catching in their hair like snowfall. They walked past everyone and then up the steps of the homestead, stopping for a second to let a young rookie from the station take some photos (he'd volunteered when he found out the sheriff was getting married), before crossing the boundary back into the homestead. Behind them, their friends and family all followed them inside, letting Shorty and a few wiling volunteers, set up the small buffet outside and giving them the chance to see their loved ones.

Once in the living room, Nicole turned to Waverly, leaning against the back of the couch and pulling her close. "I know we're supposed to see everyone else now, but I don't wanna." She breathed, leaning up to connect their lips again and Waverly sighed into the kiss, resting her hands on Nicole's shoulders.

"Let's not then, let's stay here." Waverly grinned, leaning back down for another kiss and smiling against her wife's lips.

"I didn't get to say earlier, but the dress is so beautiful, you're so beautiful."

"I think you said that earlier." Waverly teased, blushing slightly and biting her lip.

"Nope, not about the dress I didn't." Nicole smirked, reaching up and rubbing her thumb against Waverly's cheek gently as she kissed the corner of her mouth.

"Yeah? Do you like it? Was it what you imagined?" Waverly rambled slightly and Nicole's eyes widened instantly.

"Like it? Waverly you look- this is- it's so beyond anything I could have imagined. Holy crap you look stunning, the dress is gorgeous, you're gorgeous." Nicole leaned up to kiss her again, cutting off her own rambling now and relaxing in the way Waverly giggled softly against her lips.

"And you-" Waverly pulled away breathlessly, ignoring the fact that out of the corner of her eye she could see her friends making their way towards her. "You look so sexy - remind me again why you don't wear suits everyday?" She breathed out, not hiding the way her eyes scanned up and down Nicole's body shamelessly.

"Because..." Nicole pressed their foreheads together. "They're uncomfy, plus it would make less of an impact when I did." She grinned and Waverly shook her head, their forehead's still connected.

"No I think it would always make an impact baby, always." Waverly replied. "But I do love your sweats and baseball t-shirts so I'll take the compromise." She grinned and Nicole let out a breathy laugh.

"Well I will put them on for you later." Nicole smirked, connecting their lips again.

"Or you could not?" Waverly teased, but before Nicole could reply, Chrissy, Rosita, Jeremy and Robin bounded up beside them, cheering and very much interrupting the moment.

"MRS AND MRS EARP-HAUGHT!" Jeremy began, clapping Nicole on the back hard.

"THE FOOD HAS ARRIVED!" Robin added with a goofy grin, causing Waverly to giggle.

"Which means I'm pretty sure that's when the speeches happen right?" Rosita grinned, leaning on Chrissy gently.

"Better hope your sister isn't drunk already." Chrissy continued as Waverly took Nicole's hand again.