Epilogue

Dax

"Dax!"

"What is it?" I asked, sighing with slight irritation.

"You have a visitor," she spoke, her voice much closer now. I didn't move to get up, simply watched how my twins moved around in their cribs. They were almost twelve months old. Almost a year....

I shook my head, attempting to rid my thoughts of her....my aching chest at every thought of her remained a reminder of what she was...what she will always be to me...and to my kids. She broke her promise. She said she'd come back to me..to us....

I looked up to see Lara, the new addition to the Woods Pack. She had an irritated expression on her face, but she gave me one of the seductive smiles that I had become used to. I heard Alexia whine. Alex did the same seconds later. It seemed neither liked Lara. I got up from the chair I was sitting on and made my way to their cribs. I picked Alexia up first, followed by Alex. They both squirmed as Lara approached us.

"Some girl is here to see you," she hissed out. "You should just ignore her. She's a total bitch," she added.

I had been getting similar visits every other day. It really irritated me to no end. It appeared that being the mate of our Protector made every single shewolf lust for me. The fact that, to put it in their words, I was "sexy as hell" just added to it. I will never want anyone but my beautiful mate.

"Dax!"

I was ripped out of my thoughts as soon as Lara yelled my name. I raised an eyebrow, making her flush and quickly rush to apologize. Fortunately, Lara knew her place. That's the only reason I tolerated her  and for the simple fact that she lived here as well.

"I'll get rid of her," she said and rushed out. I sat back on the chair with both babies in my arms. They were both growing rapidly. Alexia was a spitting image of her mother. Alex, according to his grandpa, was a spitting image of me. I kissed them both before I heard yelling. I got up, knowing something was up. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear as well as before. My wolf became dormant since that day.....

I walked into the living room to find Lara held against the wall by a hooded female. Lara was struggling against her grip. And that was saying a lot. Lara was one of the strongest female fighters in the pack. The babies set up a shield around us.

"Let go of her," I spoke. She stiffened.

"Long time," she said.

My wolf stirred.....

My wolf stirred.

My eyes widened as it dawned on me. I watched, mesmerized as she let Lara go. Lara coughed and gasped for breath as she slumped against the wall. She scrambled to her feet and rushed behind me. I watched intently as she slowly turned and removed her hood. My breath caught in my throat.

She hadn't changed at all. She was the same as the last time I saw her. Just as beautiful. In fact, even more so.

"Alessa," I choked and stepped forward. She smiled and walked toward me in all her graciousness. The shield disappeared and the babies giggled. Tears filled my eyes and my throat clogged up, making it impossible for me to speak. Tears were already running down her cheeks as she reached me.

"Dax," she whispered. She wrapped her arms around my waist, kissing both babies on the cheeks. "Alexia and Alex," she added. "I've missed you all so much, loves," she croaked out.

"You're never leaving my sight again, love," I spoke as the tears began to run down my cheeks. I nestled into her as much as I could with the babies in between. "I love you so much," I said. She took Alexia from me, allowing me to wrap my arm around them. "I love all three of you so much. I'm never letting you go ever again. Neither of you," I said.

I could feel my wolf again. I could hear clearer. See clearer. I turned to find a shocked and irritated Lara.

"Lara, this is my mate, Alessa Sartori, the Protector of Werewolves....of all supernaturals. Love, this is Lara Finnick, a new packmember and one of the best female warriors," I said, kissing Alessa's cheek softly.

"Good. Now that introductions were made, I hope Ms. Finnick knows her place," Alessa said, glaring at Lara.

"Let's get you to our room, love. You must be exhausted," I said, guiding her toward our room.

---------------------------------

As soon as we set the babies in their cribs, I pulled Alessa into my arms and kissed her fiercely. She quickly responded, wrapping her arms around my neck. We pulled away slowly, and she rested her head against mine.

"Why'd you leave for so long? Where were you? What happened?" I questioned.

"It's a long story," she said. I picked her up and set her on the bed. I took her shoes off and took mine off as well. I hopped into bed and rested her head on my lap as I leant against the head rest, running my hand through her silky hair.

"We have plenty of time," I said. She smiled and looked up at me.

"My sister's wizard mate was there," I stiffened. She caressed my cheek, calming me slightly. "My sister had apparently given him her powers. Of course, they were no match for mine. I was getting weak because the wizard and my sister tricked the Natures', a strong supernatural couple I mentioned before, son to weaken my powers. Of course, the son found out and punished Venusia. He knew I would be able to punish your brother-" she said. My blood boiled.

"My brother?!" I practically yelled. "He was behind this?!" I added.

"Calm down, love. He's going to suffer for the rest of his life. I made sure of it. He'll be in pain permanently," she said, taking my hand and caressing it.

"Don't ever call him anything of mine," I muttered. She nodded understandingly.

"After I punished the wizard, I was too weak to do much else but to send you that message. I came back, love. I promised you I would and here I am," she said. I picked her up and set her on my side, kissing her.

"I've missed you so much, love," I kissed her again. "Why did you leave? Where?" I asked.

"To my home planet. I was taken to the Natures by their son, Angelo. Angelo came to pick me up right before I became unconscious. He felt responsible for my weakness. The reason I took so long was because I had to take my role as the Goddess. But, of course, I had to recover first. The...poison, I guess you could call it, had already made its way through a good portion of my body, so the recovery took a few months. Then, another few months to regain control of my strong power. And another to attend to my Godly duties. I was able to find someone else to be the Goddess. My younger sister, Athena. She's only a year younger. She always wanted to become Goddess. Such a just and caring heart. She easily agreed to take my place. She's very powerful. She inherited my mother's strength and power. She's definitely fit to rule. I'll check up on her often, though. And as for Angelo...he'll be here shortly," Alessa said. I bolted into a sitting position.

"What for?" I asked.

"Like I said, he feels responsible for everything, so he's made himself my personal....guard, I suppose...and advisor. He'll be on his way in a day or two," she said. I growled lowly, making her smile.  "You know you're the only one I'll ever love, Daxton Vitale. You're the father of my children and my mate. Forever," she said and kissed me. I kissed her back, running my hand up her bare back. Our clothes were off in seconds.

"You'll always be mine, Alessa Sartori. Forever," I said and kissed her again.

---------------------------------

This book is officially over. I have been thinking of writing a second book, since I did introduce new characters. I don't know when I'll start writing it, however. I am currently working on another book, so it may take some time. Thank you all for taking the time for reading this book. It is the first book I complete. Please leave feedback. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please feel free to let me know and I will answer and clarify. You can comment or PM me. Either will do. Once again, thank you all and 'til we meet again :D

                                 -Jenni

Even though this story is done, I still would like feedback