Privilege

I tapped on the steering wheel with the beat.

"Heyyy, Margarita!" I literally shouted attracting few fans from nearby cars. I waved back smiling, and turned the voice down. Nothing was going to bring me down from my cloud 9 today.

The only day I might get a test of freedom. No drivers, no bodyguards, no rules. I could really resemble Elsa right now.

I loved my dad, really. But sometimes, another word for always, he gets super protective. I am 22 years old dad, not 2.

I shook my head, tightening my hold on the wheel. Driving cars feels like something foreign this day. The last time I drove was on my 18th birthday, and it lasted approximately 20 minutes. At this rate, I won't be able to remember the rules by the time I officially become 'mature' enough. Courtesy to my dad. I sometimes wonder why he bought me a car in the first place. Sure, we may be the richest family in the town, but that doesn't give him any reason to spend his money on something that will be left for the dust. 

A line of people caught my eye, making me forget the car and get nearly squished by a bulldozer. After my heart was back to normal, I turned to look at the people.

Some dude was facing them, waving a dollar while explaining something. Curiosity wasn't really my thing, but my happy hormone has pushed all normality out of the window.

I slowly parked  my car, wasting 5 minutes by the way, and took out my phone to tell my best friends I might be late. My fingers hovered over the keyboard, should I punish them for all those times they made me wait? Specially Helen, who in our little circle, is the queen of unpunctuality. 

I smirked, dumping my phone on the passenger seat. Time to have some fu...

"Sorry ma'am But the sign clearly says 'no parking zone'" I looked at the police officer.

"Uh..." 

"Do you want glasses?" He seemed angry at this point. 

I smiled sheepishly closing the door. Talk about predicaments. 

"I was just checking if you would stop me. You know, to just uh....make sure Britain's police officers are doing their job." I mentally face palmed myself. Why is my life so hard?

"Here" I watched dumbfound, as he handed me a piece of pair with a pen. 

"Now write this." So I did. I wrote down the number he gave me, tried to figure out the hidden message, then turned back to him when I felt migraine making it's way to my head.

"Excuse me but..."

"It's the number of a friend of mine who knows the way to the mental hospital. You'll need it." I have never thought that I would say this, but I wished one of my bodyguards was here to kick this man's derrière for me. 

I breathed through my nose, putting my key back in. Once I was far enough, I opened my window the whole way down and stuck my head out.

"Hey doofes, at least they won't have problem finding me a cloth. Unlike you, who in my opinion won't fit in my car." I laughed at his red chubby face. I always wondered how they plan on chasing thieves.

This time I checked twice before parking, don't need another police officer harming my pride. Whatever the line of people were doing, they were a bit farther now. So I quickly got out and jogged towards my earlier place, avoiding the police man as much as possible. 

"So you ready?" I picked up my speed then stood on one of end of the line.

"Ready for what?" I whispered to the boy beside me, as the others echoed an 'okay'.