Chapter 1- Weird Feeling

[Iris' perspective]

Just another bright morning on the road. Right now we're on our way to Mistralton City. Ash already has five badges and already a day after getting his fifth badge he's still. I really don't get him. He's so... What's the word? Oh yeah!
Annoying. Just like a kid.

At least Cilan and I were able to talk him into taking a break. So now we're in the middle of some forest, just having a picnic and taking a break. Cilan's making lunch, Ash is training nearby, and I'm just sitting on this tree, looking down on the sights.

Axew's playing with Ash's Scraggy right now so I'm alone here on this tree. Somehow, climbing up trees and resting on their branches helps me relax and calm down. Recently, I've been the opposite. Half of the time, I've been so restless I couldn't even eat properly. The other half of the time I would be stuffing myself with food so I could drown the depressing voices inside of me. Because of that, now I eat as much as Ash does every meal (more than him sometimes). It's like my heart doesn't know what it really wants.

It's been almost a full year since my adventures with Ash and Cilan started. My friendships with Ash and Cilan have been growing larger and larger. It's just that the more I look at him, the more I feel tense. As I glance at him now, my heart beats out of my chest and I start to feel a thousand more feelings than just tension. My heart is telling me he's the one, but my brain is telling me to reach my goal of dragon master first. Honestly, I don't know what to feel...

These feelings take over me, even now when I'm watching him cook. I mean he's just cooking, so why do I feel nervous? I look at his grass green hair and watch it glisten in the sunlight. He's happy for sure. I know cooking soothes him as much as me with high places. Pansage crawls up to his shoulders and smells the aroma of Cilan's delicious soup.

Cilan. Yes, the boy I may or may not like is also my friend.

Is that okay? I think so. A few Pokemon friends of mine fell in love with their friends.

So why would it not be okay? Because he's your great friend...?

Maybe... But what if he doesn't feel that way towards you? I don't expect him to love me, and besides he's not even attractive. Plus every time he turns on connoisseur mode, his annoying factor goes from 10 to a million.

"Ash! Iris! Lunch is ready!" Cilan calls us down. Finally, I'm starving. Ash and our Pokemon are dashing to the table, and I eventually follow suit. Now I wonder...
What did Cilan prepare for us today?