Chapter 2- Pecha Berry

[Cilan's Perspective]

"Ah the sweet scent of Pecha Berry pie! So luscious and sweet, yet the acidic and sour juices of the berries makes this dessert a fitting end for our full course meal!" The lunch menu was simple enough: sandwiches and a light salad for lunch. For dessert, an oddly light pie. But as the gang jumped right into their seats, they were estatic. I guess it was like this everyday, though I have to admit sometimes the type of excitement they produce can be a bit too much for something so simple. Yet, I still appreciate the excitement.

"All right! I'm starving!" Ash expressed his excitement like his typical self.

"Me too!" Iris replied to his comment.

"Bon appetite!" I announced to them.

"Let's eat!"

I let Ash and Iris eat before me, as usual. I served the Pokemon food that I had painstakingly perfected and organized for all our Pokemon. After that, I was exhausted. To think, I spent two and a half tiring hours for this meal! And this includes the Pokemon food. I was tired, my eyes felt quite a bit heavy, and I couldn't eat a single piece of my food.

I looked at the pair of hungry trainers.

"Mmm... This is SO good!" Iris complimented. I smiled and almost all the weight in my eyes disappeared. I replied a very big "thank you," and  I began to eat small bites of my sandwich. She was right. It was very tasty. I played with the ingriedients for a bit and mixed a few ingriedients here and there, but I never thought it would be this good. I should remember this recipe... It should make her happy if I made this again. I thought.

I glanced at Iris, who was sitting across from me. She was enjoying my delicious creations, her honey-brown eyes sparkling like shiny stars were looking down at her food. She was pink and happy, and her smile was infectious. It even made me smile a lot more brighter. I looked up at her head and noticed that her hair was bouncing with the light, cool breeze that would sweep the hills every few minutes. The colour suited her beautiful name. Her hair is so shiny, so smooth, so perfect...

...I confess, I do have a tiny crush on her. It all started when we were in Rainbow Valley. The Cottonee that wanted to be with his crush needed advice, and a lot of help in battle. Iris would always be talking about love at that time, and it made me think that maybe my love is somewhere. Then I realized, as I saw her looking at the Cottonee with his love, setting out into their lives together and riding the Diamond breeze, that my love... was already in front of me.

"CILAN!"

I slowly opened my eyes, only to find myself face to face with Iris and my back (and my food) were on the soft grass.

"Are you okay?," she asked me with a worried look on her face.

"Yeah..."

"Are you sure? You just fainted and fell!," Ash, who was actually opposite of where Iris was, questioned me.

I stood up, my back aching and crumbs of bread on my shirt. I dusted them off. "I'm fine. Just an achy back from the fall. What did happened to me?"

"We saw you eating with your eyes closed, then all of a sudden you stopped chewing and fell," Iris explained to me. She was picking out the green grass on my green hair. I blushed a little as her face grew closer and backed when she picked out the pieces of grass.

I put a hand on her shoulder to give her a sign to stop. "You don't have to do that, Iris. It's okay."

"Aw come on! Your hair is already green! It's annoying me. Just let me finish."

I leaned my face forward to give her a better level and she finished picking out all the grass in my hair.

"Done! Now what were you doing when you fell asleep on us?"

As I heard that question come out of her mouth, I started to stutter. It would be too forward of me to say ,"I was thinking of you..." So I told her a very vague answer, hoping that this answer would be enough that they won't ask another question.

"I was just daydreaming... I guess..."

Daydreaming about you, I thought to myself.