Prey

Prey

YEAR: September 23, 2230.

TIME: 07:30 a.m

LOCATION: 3km south of the Forward Observation Pods, LV-1201.

Note: It uses as map layout the level from the Predator campaign(Hunt)

The predalien runs like a tiger; his clawed-fingers leaving marks on the rind of trees. His sensitive auditory system registering the low pitched sound waves caused by winds. Before him there are 6 siblings: 4 runners and 2 drones; the drones ahead of the runners. These deadly animals keep running; all guided and directed by the sole call of the Empress. Her shriek echoes throughout the Zeta Hive. The predalien hears her hissing: <<Return to Hive at once! And eliminate any obstacle in your path.>>

The predalien runs without slowing down his pace. Out of nowhere he and his brethren are attacked by ten life forms. Six buhlaghs.: moose-like animals.
And four chameleons: reptilian creatures with long arms and short legs.

-Soundtrack plays in the background-

ALIENS VS PREDATOR 2 - PRIMAL HUNT SOUNDTRACK: COMBAT TRACK 

https://youtu.be/2p5u-GWiQCs

One buhlagh sprints at the front serpent and smashes his body into a random tree. The serpent's acidic blood surfaces and burns the buhlagh's face. The beast soon collapses down.

Being the slowest of the two types of serpents the predalien adopts a dog-like position and gives a bestial cry out as he pounces on a random tree. The five remaining buhlaghs attack the remaining drone and the two runners. The runners use their incredible speed and outmatch the buhlaghs! They team up and take the nearest one to them swiftly. One runner uses his tail and puts it through his back feet to incapacitate him. The other jumps on his back and bites from his head! The buhlagh screams in pain! The runner on top of it open his mouth and a second pair of jaws appear. He uses them as hydraulic piston and pierces its skull! The four buhlaghs reach the runners' position and proceed to crush them with their massive bodies. The runners evade them and the buhlaghs hit the trees!The trees fall. The runners climb up other trees to avoid the buhlaghs. The buhlaghs won't leave. They make use of their large size and continuously hit the trees where the runners stand on. The runners' self-preservation instinct kicked in and run from the fight. But the buhlaghs run after them.

With the moose-like animals out of the picture. The predalien is left only with the chameleons to deal with.

The second drone that followed the first who died adopted a strategy similar to the predalien, but instead of leaving the battlefield; he is using fallen trees as shields to repel the chameleons' concussive beams. If the runners have extraordinary speed and the predalien possesses marvelous strength, then the drone balances these two athletic traits.

One chameleon shoots at the drone but he uses a crushed tree to evade the attack. The drone notices a hole in the ground and uses it to vanish from the chameleon's sight. The chameleon stands still. Nothing happens. It wants to leave the place. Three foot steps ahead and then a clawed-shaped hand rips flesh away from its right leg! The chameleon cries in agony! The drone bites the left leg and the animal falls down on the ground. The drone leave himself exposed and bites through its skull using his inner jaws. The chameleon falls dead.

But the three remaining chameleons catch him in the act! All blast the drone away with concussive beams! The xenomorph is blasted into a tree and loses his consciousness. The chameleons leave the drone alone and finally spot the predalien - who is hiding in plain sight at the top of a big tree bearing witness at the brutal combat between predators. Now this behavior is atypical to a xenomorph. But this one is not an usual xenomorph. Unlike most serpents, some of them possess a greater intelligence and possibly even a lesser degree of self-awareness. This alien knows that he would die if he simply confronts the animals or tries to run away. Instead of joining his brethren, this one looks at the chameleons and devises a stratagem. The chameleons jump at the direction of the big tree. Three shake the tree with their large arms while one shoots with concussive beams! The predalien pounces on another tree. He quickly climbs up at the top. The three chameleons use their large arms as car springs and leap at the the tree where the predalien is standing. He immediately takes advantage of it and pounces at the chameleon who fires from distance with concussive beams. The predalien jumps at it like a tank pinning it down! The predalien imposes his dominance over this reptilian creature and uses his sharped hands to immobilize it by keeping its massive arms pinned to the ground while his knees stand atop its hips. He opens a big mouth and uses his Yautja-inherited mandibles to rip its face apart. The other three chameleons hurry up to catch the serpent, but he jumps on another tree. Now all of them start shooting at the predalien. He pounces at the ground and hides behind a fallen tree. Unlike the suicidal drone, this xenomorph had superior physical strength. He attaches that spiky tail by a smaller tree next to his position and throws it at the left chameleon. The tree gets hurled with super speed and puts the creature down sending it into comatose.