Shua

Through out the halls, everyone was whispering, gossiping about the newcomer. Without knowing him, unexplainably I already didn't like him. The more rumors spread around, the less I wanted to meet him. And it's not that I believed the rumors to be true, I just hated the attention he was getting.

As I walk to my dorm room, glaring at everyone I passed, Joshua catches an eye roll. Joshua was already used to my habits, and he found it to be funny.

In such a short time he and I had become best friends, sort of like the brother I never had. On most topics, we almost always agreed. The only difference between Joshua and I, was that I wasn't too good at hiding my feelings. And Joshua was always a gentleman, no matter how upset he would be.

"The new guy?," He mouths silently. And we both nod, as if we had used telepathy.

I push him into the room we share and slam the door behind us. "Oh thank God Joshua, I knew you would be thinking the same thing, I'm over this," But before I could continue, a large figure emerges from my bed sheets.

A sleepy eyed, tan skinned, beautiful giant extends his hand as a greeting. Joshua quickly steps forward to meet him and I step back, avoiding being friendly.

Fearing that if I let him in, that if we ever became friends, he would find a way to let me down. But when his big brown eyes met mine, I knew I was in trouble. And then I understood what all the hype was about.