Displaced (Wingless: Book Two)

Book Two of The Last of the Fallen Trilogy.

 My name is Tane. 

At least it was before I was banished to the outlands of heaven. Before everything I had learned to care for was taken from me. Before I murdered an innocent human. 

Tane is an outcast in her own world. She is forced to fend for herself against the infamous and ravenous Feeders in Abannon to prove her worth and save her own life. When Azurael, a de-winged, slightly insane angel finds her and offers to deliver her to a secret land of life and prosperity—the Oasis—Tane agrees to become his traveling companion and student. As she learns his ways, she begins to question her own, as well as her role in the last prophecy he ever told. 

My name is Charlie. At least it was before I was dragged to Fismuth. A lot has changed since then, and my new name is the least of them. 

Charlie is an outcast in his own world. He doesn't fit in with his old friends. He can't stand to be around the only parent he has left. And he's plagued with thoughts of a girl long gone. Until the day Charlie is dragged and blessed with wings, a new sense of strength, and a mission to save Tane from her own fate. But Charlie isn't the only one planning to escape to Abannon and claim Tane. 

In a struggle to find their purpose and each other, Charlie and Tane must face death, trust new friends, and start a war they didn't know existed to either fulfill or stop the prophecy that will end heaven as they know it.  

((NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR))

First things first: if you took the time to read or comment or message me about Wingless then this book is for you. After the massive response from brilliant readers, other great writers, and wonderful Wattpad users who have been nothing but encouraging, sweet, funny, and wonderful, I wanted to give you another piece of the story. I am so, so grateful for every single one of you. Your sweet comments, suggestions, and fangirling (yes, I love your ships too) keep me writing. 

I can't tell all of you how much you mean to me. I was very nearly brought to tears by the response I got from Wingless readers. If you read the book or commented or participated in any way, you have kept me going all this time. I hope you enjoy this installment. :)