Chap 11

"You're going and that's final." Mum stated in her demanding tone offering a small smile.

"But mum, I don't want to."

"I'm not asking for your opinion hun." She said, giving a firm nod before turning on her heel and exiting. Leaving no room for further conversation.

I let out a harsh breath, knowing all too well I couldn't persuade mum. She had zero flexibility.

I laid on my bed and tucked my headphones in as the blasting music calmed my nerves.

I dunno. I dunno why. Coz it's all fake love, fake love, fake love.

~

"I wonder why Taehyun's not showing up." InHa spoke, dropping her backpack next to her chair as she plopped down. 

"Yeah. It's been 3 days. The guy's never taken a day off before." Chris added and I let out an 'oh'.

"We should find out then." I remarked and we all exchanged nods of approval.

"Good idea." Chris continued.

"No need." SaNa declared. We all glanced up to see Taehyun entering the classroom. His spectacles were fogged and his face flushed red, indicating the freezing weather outside. He kept blowing on his hands, attempting to warm them up from the cold. His immaculate personality was nowhere in sight. His laces undone as he held his bag on one shoulder. 

"Hi." Taehyun waved, taking his designated seat.

"Dude, where have you been?" Chris yelled as SaNa gave him a pointed look.

"Busy." Was all he said before taking out his notebooks.

Something was off. Taehyun was acting differently. Knowing him for the past 3 months, he always talked to his friends. No matter how immersed he was in his studies, he managed to comment on Chris's 'funny' jokes. 

I suppressed the question and focused on the class.

~

"Hey dude! Guess what?" Chris announced, waving his hand madly as we all were amused by his behaviour.

"What?" Taehyun smiled.

“Chris is the new class president.” SaNa said, giving him a lazy look.

“Haha. Very funny. I just died of laughter. I’m now resurrected to heaven.” Chris mocked her.

“You're only going to hell. Don't think too highly of yourself.” SaNa fired back, sipping her juice.

“Good then. You and I will be sitting together in the front row.” Chris smirked, earning a pat on the back.

“Stop it, both of you.” InHa said, lightly smacking each on the arm.

"We're going to Gyeounbokgung palace on this school trip." InHo spoke up, as Chris and SaNa were having a glaring competition.

"I heard but I'm afraid you'll have to go without me." Taehyun said nonchalantly.

"Why?" InHa queried. 

"I asked Mr Lee and he told me we weren't graded on this particular trip. Since it's not affecting my grades, I have important plans." Taehyun stated.

"You don't want to?" I questioned, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"I'm busy." He shrugged, causing the element of silence to be put into play.