chapter five: i shouldn't have said that.

I'M BACK MOFO'S ! NOW SIT BACK RELAX AND FIND OUT WHAT DUMB SHIT ZAYN SAYS IN THIS CHAPTER !

JULIETTE.!<3

Shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that.

"Zayn? What do you mean?" Louis asks, getting up off the bed. He walks over to me and stops when he's just in front of me, our faces inches apart. His eyes stare into mine as he tries to figure me out. I can't let him do that- I can't. What if he knows? What if he finds out about my feelings for him?

I'm scared. What if he hates me? What if I hurt him? What if he hurts me? We're not Niall and Harry- what if we don't work? I can't do that to him- I can't.

"Zayn," Louis whispers, reaching up and tracing my collar bone with his finger. "Can you please just tell me?"

Louis steps closer to me so that our chests are touching. All I can breathe, think, feel, see is Louis. Lou stares up at me from under his eyelashes, his blue green eyes mischievous and flirtatious yet innocent at the same time.They're just so...him. So perfect and beautiful.

"I just meant that..." Damn what did I mean? "You're...I..."

This is a lot harder to do with Louis than it is with Taylor. Mainly because Taylor's so easily manipulated all I have to do is tell her she's hot and she'll hop in bed with me. But Louis I actually care about him. I think I love him, if that makes sense. No, I know I love him. He could just never love me back.

I teased him all those years for being gay because I was insecure with myself and how I felt towards him. I picked on him because I didn't know how to handle my own feelings. And now the love of my life is right in front of me, tracing my collar bone - and my weak spot - with his feather-light finger and I'm getting sort of dizzy.

"Zayn...?" Louis whispers my name - my actual name - and it has got to be the single most sexy thing I've ever heard. My entire brain goes blank.

When will I ever get a chance like this again to tell Louis how I feel about him? I should take it. If I was smart, I would take this opportunity.

Fortunately for me, I'm a fucking genious.

"I just meant that you're more than just the gay kid like I used to make you think," I say. "I just said those things to you because..."

"Why?" Louis whispers, his breath tickling my lips. Our lips rush against each other and his eyes connect with mine. Fuck it all.

I close the space between our lips finally letting myself do what I've wanted to since I was 15. And goddammit it feels amazing. I grab Louis's hips and pull him tighter against me. Lou tangles his hands in my hair and sneaks his tongue into my mouth. Usually I have issues with people messing up my hair but for him I'll make an exception.

"I love you," I mumble against his lips before kissing him again.

"Don't joke with me Zayn," Louis says, pulling back.

"I'm not," I say. "I've loved you since the first day I laid eyes on you freshman year. You were with Niall, laughing and joking. Your laugh was the most angelic thing I've ever heard."

"Okay, Shakespeare," Louis jokes, rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious," I say.

"I'm nothing special," Lou whispers. I cup his face in my hands and force him to look at me.

"Nah," I shake my head, pecking him on the lips. "You're beautiful."