Chapter 49 - Katherine

Oh my god, I'm dying.

Somebody please kill me.

I hate pain.

I don't do well with pain.

I can't endure pain. I know it can sound pathetic, but I really can't. I've gone through enough pain to know that I'll never get used to it.

I whimper quietly as I try to turn over on the bed, but the agonizing pain that spreads through my body at the slightest move is enough to stop me. Unable to move, I just lie on the bed, breathing slowly to not aggravate my aching ribs. Now that the tension and adrenaline has worn off, I can feel... everything.

I don't miss how empty the bed is, meaning my Killy has left already. I wanted to wake up with him...

As I lie under the comfy duvet, a horrifying sensation hits me, starting in my lower stomach. Fuck, I have to pee!

How am I supposed to go to the bathroom if I can't even move?!

Think about something dry.

Desert.

Sand.

Hot sun.

Thirst.

Dehydration.

Oasis.

Pond.

Water.

Water.

Water!

FUCK IT!

Oh god, I need to pee so badly!

Just when I'm about to try to get off the bed, someone knocks on the door. It's not Killian, he doesn't knock.

"Come in." I call out quietly. Because of my bruised jaw, I can't open my mouth too widely.

"Hey, Kat. – Lia greets, carrying some box in her arms – You look horrible, I have to admit. How are you feeling?"

"Horrible. - I mock her tone - I can't even move, everything hurts... And... um... I need to use the bathroom..." I admit, blushing profusely in embarrassment.

"Oh, okay. I can help you get there, but it will still hurt. Doc said I can give you a shot, but it's up to you if you want it." Lia doesn't seem even a bit bothered by what I said and simply sets the box on the foot of the bed before coming up to me.

I shake my head at her, not wanting to be drugged up. I can't stop the whimper that escapes me as Lia gently helps me sit up. My muscles are so tense and sore that every move is pure agony. Thankfully, Lia is extremely careful with me.

"Thank you..." I tell her quietly.

"Don't mention it. I know what it's like to be beaten up, so I understand your pain." She says with a half-smile that doesn't reach her eyes. It must be a painful memory for her.

"I still want to thank you. You're doing so much for us..."

"You don't have to. This club is my family and you're a part of it too. It's a given I'll help you when I can." Lia deadpans, as if that explains everything. "Can you stand?" She asks in concern, glancing at my legs as they dangle over the edge of the bed.

"I'm not sure..." I trail off.

"Let's not risk it, then." She mutters then gently puts her arms around me and picks me up bridal style, making my face turn furious red. She's so damn strong!