Chapter 50 - Killer

The stupid smile I've had on my face since I woke up doesn't disappear even for a moment as I make breakfast for my Cupcake. Despite her being hurt and in pain, she still snuggled into me the whole night.

It really pained me to leave her earlier, but I wanted to make her favorite breakfast. I know what she likes to eat, having observed her reaction every time she ate something to check see what she enjoys. She just loves pancakes.

That's why I decided to spoil her today. She's hurting, so she shouldn't worry about something as trivial as food. She has me to deal with that.

There's nothing better than watching my Cupcake enjoying the food I make for her.

My leg is bothering me a little, but not to the point of having to sit down. I'd rather endure a bit of pain for a moment than let someone ruin my Cupcake's meal. I don't trust anyone but myself when it comes to cooking for my woman.

I can't help but wonder how my Cupcake is doing as I cook the pancakes. Lia went to see her a while ago when I asked her to check on my girl, but I still haven't heard back from her. I thought she would at least text me to let me know how Cupcake is doing, but no, Lia has to be a mean witch and torture me with silence.

I have an eerie feeling she enjoys toying with me.

"Boo!" I flinch at the sudden exclamation behind me, completely taken off-guard. I slowly turn my head to look at the sneaky girl who was fearless enough to try to scare me.

"You have a death wish, I swear to god. What if I hit you?!" I admonish sternly, but all it gets me is a cheeky grin.

"You wouldn't."

"But what if I did?" I press.

"Then I would dodge. Remember who you're talking to." Lia winks. "You're just dying to know how's your little monkey, aren't you?" She teases with a smirk. I knew she enjoys torturing me. I fucking knew it.

"Monkey? Really?"

"What? It fits. – she shrugs – You two are clinging onto each other like two cute monkeys."

"You're so weird. I wonder how Blake is putting up with you." I shake my head at her then turn back to the food in front of me.

"Kat is fine. She's asleep."

"She's sleeping?"

"Yeah. I put some warm compresses on her bruises and she fell right asleep." Lia leans against the counter beside me, folding her arms over her chest. "I'll check on her later if you want."

"I would appreciate it. – I sigh gratefully – Thanks, sister."

"No problem. That's what family is for." Lia smiles warmly, patting my shoulder.

"Don't think that I don't see what you're doing." I state when I see her free hand reach for the pancakes. Lia throws me a cheeky grin then steals the plate and runs off, giggling happily. That damn woman!

Since Cupcake is sleeping, I don't make another batch of pancakes and instead go to the common room in search of the Prez. He should be here soon. Even though the Prez couple lives in their own house, they still come to the clubhouse for breakfast, mostly because Treasure is hopeless in the kitchen and Tank is too lazy to cook.

The thought of my Prez and his wife makes me stop dead in my tracks. I suddenly realize that I don't have a place where Cupcake and I could live. I can't possibly keep my woman in the clubhouse all the time.

I have to start looking for a house.

But will Cupcake even want to live with me? I haven't talked to her about it yet because of Bernard and the Red Sinners, but now that they're all in our custody and pose no threat, it's time to think more seriously about the future.