Chapter 51 - Katherine

I barely stop myself from laughing at my sulking Killy. He's so adorable with his lips jutted in an angry pout as he flips the pancakes for me. How can a man as big and burly as him be so cute?!

"Oh god, now I know what the guys mean when they say Cakey and I are annoying." Lia grumbles as she makes herself some coffee, but I still hear the amusement in her voice.

"Jealous?" I tease with a smirk.

"As if. – she scoffs – I have my own eye-candy."

I laugh at the dreamy look on her face, but Lia seems completely unbothered by it. I really admire how open she is about her feelings, no matter the circumstances. She always speaks her mind, without beating around the bush. It's not an easy feat, to be honest, especially for someone not as confident as her. She doesn't even hesitate to berate a President of a biker gang!

"Here you go, Cupcake." My darling sets a plate with fluffy pancakes and a glass of juice in front of me, smiling warmly at my child-like excitement when I grin happily.

"Thank you baby!" I lean forward a bit, wordlessly asking for a kiss. My sweet Killy immediately gets my wish and gives me a quick peck before heading back to the kitchen to clean up.

"Oh no, Killy. You, out. – Lia tells him sternly, pointing at the door – Shoo! Go away, Muffin and I have some stuff to talk about." Muffin?

"Muffin?" I ask curiously after blowing a kiss to Killy as he walks back to the common room.

"Your new nickname. – Lia grins at me – I decided that Monkey might be easily misunderstood." Monkey? Really? Now I'm curious about her reasoning.

"Why Monkey?"

"Because you and Killer cling onto each other like cute monkeys." She shrugs casually, taking some creamer from the fridge and adding it to her coffee. I can only nod at her. I may not understand her thought process, but I still find it sweet that she likes me enough to give me a nickname. I've never had a friend do something like that for me.

Once Lia's drink is ready, she comes to sit beside me by the bar, but not before pulling her barstool closer to mine.

We don't want the guys to hear us.

"So, have you thought about it?" She asks quietly as I eat my yummy chocolate chip pancakes.

"Yeah... - I mumble - But I'm not sure if I'd be able to stomach something like that. I have a feeling it won't be pretty."

"Of course it won't. I don't plan to be merciful on them." I almost choke on my food at this, making Lia rub my back soothingly.

"Y-You?!" I whisper-yell, completely flabbergasted.

"Yeah. Tank asked me to execute them."

"Why?" I gape at her in pure shock. You've got to be shitting me!

"There are two reasons, actually. One, I'm a woman, so the guys's rule of not hurting women doesn't apply to me. Two, Tank offered me and Blake Enforcer patches, so it's kind of my job to 'enforce the club's orders'." She explains, using air quotes. Wow! She's going to be the club's ENFORCER!!! That's huge!

I remember Killian explaining the hierarchy in the club and different 'officer' positions. They call it like that because the guys are mostly ex-military. Apart from the President and Vice-President, there's also a Sergeant at Arms, who's responsible for the safety and security of the club, a Treasurer, whose job is to take care of the finances, and then there are Enforcers, who execute the club's will. There's also someone called the Road Captain, who's responsible for planning and organizing the runs. I still don't know how that works.