Parties Over Folks!

(back to the present)

"...It was a lot to handle all at once".

You say softly to Aphrodite with a weak smile. "But I kept on seeing him after that and tonight, I've found that I really can't deny these feelings any longer."

You let out an angry exhale and look at the ceiling.

"I know that he isn't...the best...I just can't ignore him for some reason, he keeps pulling me in!" you say, smiling nervously as you did.

"Aww dear...I understand. Mortals and Gods alike all tend to fall for the "bad boys" she air quotes. "But this isn't no boy." She snaps her finger. "He's not just bad. He's lousy, abominable, beastly!" She points to you with a smirk "and not in that way sister, I sensed that little emotion of yours..." You blush and look at the door for a moment, hearing occasional shouts and something crashing. She clicks her tongue, "Honey eyes back here. Forget whatever's going on out there..." She saunters up to you gesturing to one chair and it moves behind her and she sits down so that she can easily talk to you. Listen to me." She leans over and holds your hands in hers. "I'm just..." she lets out a deep breath before gazing into your eyes in silence for a few moments. "Tell me...why you like him."

You looked into the mirror across from you, studying your own reflection.

"I know, he isn't a hundred percent a good guy, I've heard." You look her in the eyes with a playful grin. "Especially from Hercules and practically every other god I've ever came across." You close your eyes and mock a swoon, and this makes Aphrodite roll her eyes in a quivering grin.

"But I can't stop these feelings! Its maddening! Whenever we talk, I find myself blushing inside. It's annoying, there's obviously some part of him I like!" "I- I know he isn't an image of an angelic being, but I don't feel as if he's all bad either, I feel that he's misunderstood and could change in some way, and that doesn't make up for his bad actions." You look back into Aphrodite's eyes in a pleading way. "But when we talk...I find myself noticing parts of him that are...attractive."

"Like what sweetheart? I need to know, what." She says with sass in her voice.

You lean your head back and laugh restlessly looking up at the ceiling.

"Like yes, by the Gods, he's narcissistic and just woah, so much to handle. I mean, he isn't the god of death thanks to his love of mortal life...but there are times when he's bearable! He does things that don't have some kind of ulterior motive! Just pure raw self. I see that he isn't completely what this world has labeled him to be." You look back at Aphrodite and she looks at you with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes. He's constantly suggesting I let him carry me off into the Underworld to what I presume to be his bedroom-" Aphrodite's gaze grew fiery and she glinted at the door biting her lip angrily before shaking her head calming herself down.

"-but Gods he is just so charismatic and hilarious! and not 100% vile. I feel that there is a part of him that keeps escaping that's likable and caring, I can't stop myself from thinking about him."

She lets out a soft sigh and leans back in her chair.

"Ok. I see there is no convincing you and I understand the whole charismatic thing. However, that's his talent. You don't know half of the trouble he caused with that sharp tongue and quick wit young lady. You need to be careful; I don't want him to be using you for something, playing around with your little heart." You felt her hands squeeze your hands before they let go and you open your eyes to look at her.

"He's not a project you should be trying to fix, so let's make that clear first of all." She lets out a soft sigh "But I don't think I can stop you from pursuing what I'm picking up on. So, just be careful and if he does anything to hurt you emotionally or physically. Let me know and I'll come down and kick his ass with Artemis." She stands and pulls you up with her.