42 | traitor within

Xiao Zhan found himself in the cozy comfort of a bed in a sense of unfamiliarity. How much longer he had been like this? He recalled back in the time they were at the coronation of late Wen Chao and right after that, the world kept blurring past him. He saw his fingers were fading in the air like a golden mist and so as his entire body. He tried to reach for yibo but his beloved fell on the ground and faded in the air as him.

    Upon opening his eyes, the white ceiling comes to view, the cold breeze brushed his skin and made his hairs on limbs stand.

    The voice irrupted, " Patient is awake, Doctor!" The petite woman, a nurse from the appearance left the room and closed the door behind.

    She had been like a whirlwind though, Xiao Zhan thought as he sat up, crawling to the upholstered headboard. Judging the room, he had been sure this was not the hospital but a villa he guessed.

    From where he had been sitting there was a window in the wall at the right-hand side that displayed woods. He had seen it somewhere, digging through his memory, he found out its Burial Mounds where he had spent his 3 months as an adolescent Wei Wuxian.

    Now, he could have understood, Why Zewu-Jun told him that they were respectively the reincarnation of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. The memory of past life hit him like a flood.

    If Meng Yao hinted him of Wen Chao's scheme the story would have been different like Wen Chao was carrying warheads.

    If Yibo told Wei Wuxian that he and Xiao Zhan were their self from that would have changed...to the worse he guess, how they were going to tell him, that in his past life he did the evil because being controlled by someone else. None other than Meng Yao himself.

    And even the last war of life, he had led distant from the battlefield by Meng Yao too, so Lan Zhan couldn't meet him.

    He concluded that it's all for nothing...

    The sound of the door opening snapped him from the trance.

    "Wen Qing?" He said, watching the women came in. Apparently, She had been A-Cheng's (Zhuo Cheng's present girlfriend and past lover of Jiang Cheng), girlfriend, wearing a white coat over a red-long one-piece stethoscope. Solemn and born to scare him.

    "You must be Wei Wuxian then," She replied sarcastically as she walked to him, and by looking she could tell how he had been feeling.

    "Yes. That's me, do you remember?" He asked curiously, not expecting though.

    "Pretty much, remember it's not me who only remember," She said as if it looked like kind of a threat.

    "What do you mean? Will you care to explain in human language and don't glare me like that," He said without a disgusted face.

    "...She meant us," Zhuo Cheng crossed the threshold of the room, the oversized grey hoodie hanging on his shoulder with blue jeans and sneakers.

    For us, Xuan Lu walked after him with her boyfriend, soon to be husband Cao Yuchen, in casual couple clothing as a pink shirt with white jeans and sneakers. They were happy to see him somehow Cao Yuchen bit jealous of their past experience. All crowded him in the bed, sitting.

    "A-Cheng! Shi Jie! Peacock?"

    "Yiling Laozu!"

    "A-Xian!"

    "Wei Wuxian, don't call me that."

    Everybody laughed at their antics.

    "But how come we are here?" Xiao Zhan pointed out. " As long as I remember, I fell in front of the abandoned Cloud Recesses on Gusu Mountains along with Yibo and Yibo? Where is he? Is he alright?"

    "... Calm down, he is doing fine. He said he needs some time alone. You were fell down from the sky along with Yibo and rolled to the bottom of the mountains. Locals rescued you and as they knew you beforehand they contacted your parents but as for Yibo, one man said Yibo is with you so you got brain injury treated my hospital but someone comes to claim it's not safe for both of you and your family so we moved here. Yiling, Hubei Province approximately 600 km afar from Chongqing," Meng Ziyi explained.

    "Since when?" Xiao Zhan asked. In the name of brain surgery, he started to feel the ache in head, his hand unconsciously rubbed the temple but felt a threaded bandage bump.

    "Three months since you went missing and one month from you in a coma!" Zhuo Cheng exclaimed. "You have no idea how long your mother cried and father tensed and looked for you every day. Rumors went around the ghost eat you up and like that and we..." Zhuo Cheng tried not to burst on him but the frustration they went through and the broken memories of a past life...

    "A-Cheng, don't stress him out. He has been still recovering." Xuan Lu squeezed his shoulder from behind and Zhuo Cheng sighed.

    "A-Jie, let him be, I'm not Xiao Zhan who used to be." Something inside him had changed.

    " You will understand when someone you loved goes missing with no sign of return," Zhuo Cheng said and stomped off the room, he had no clue, He had been talking like Zhuo Cheng of missing Xiao Zhan's friend or the Youngest Sect leader of Yunmeng Jiang who helped his brother-in-law to build a new sect from scratch in absence of his brother in bad circumstances.

    Inside, "Shi Jie, How's mama and papa? I haven't seen them for a while."

    "They know you are up. She is preparing dinner for us in the kitchen and your papa is helping her, they think they missed a lot and you suffered because of them. They want to take it easy when you are comfortable. Well, good news for you, they don't mind your orientation and Yibo is really pretty, wondering where you find such an adorable boy." She tried to divert him from the conflict, that built tension in the room.

    "Sounds good and now tell me what do I did wrong?" Xiao Zhan demanded. "If I hadn't swallowed Yin hollow cube, someone must have used it for bad intentions, someone had to sacrifice then why didn't I?"

    Xiao Zhan recalled when that time he as Wei Wuxian possessed Yin hollow cube with five shards fixated on. To control the flow of war, he needed to take that away and seal in the place of high spiritual energy. As his cultivation he sneaked through the mountains and valleys to the sea, were likely to best place for him, to create the island from his body and swallow the Yin hollow cube to the heart of the island, protected by his spirit.

    Shi Jie understood him. "Zanzan, You weren't wrong. But because of that... The second Master fell apart mentally and physically. I don't know why he rebelled against the emperor Jin Guangshan's verdict to the assassination of Wens and saved Wen remnants. A-Cheng supported him to save Wens at that time even they hated each other for no reason."

    Meng Ziyi unfazed with the matter because she as Wen Qing was mentally unstable at that time, accusing herself of the murderer of her dear brother.

    "Because they were innocent. They had families too," Xiao Zhan answered. "A-Yuan..." He remembered. That his favorite Wen boy, he promised Lan Zhan to take him to meet the cute boy, once upon a time. "Wen Yuan means... Is that what am I thinking?" He asked with widened-eyes.

    She nodded," he is the same person we met in the firm and he brought all of us here and he is outside, waiting for his turn to talk with you. I'm sending him in now..." She stood up and glanced from Meng Ziyi to turning her body her handsome and Jelly boyfriend and all of them left Xiao Zhan alone.

    It's where Wen Yuan came to informal appearance, black shirt, and black trousers with leather brown boots. He shaved his face clean and looked younger than he aged.

    "A-Yuan..." Xiao Zhan's tone softened as if coaxing the little kid. He wide-spread his arms, in inviting hug with his blinding smile and bunny teeth

    Wen Yuan leaped into his warm embrace. After a brief moment, Xiao Zhan muttered in his ears " You grew up to be handsome, my boy."

    "Thanks to Hanguang-Jun," Wen Yuan replied.

    "I thought you would thank me for that, impudent." Xiao Zhan pouted.

    Wen Yuan chuckled. It's better to be silent than saying something bad, his adopted father Lan Wangji taught him.

    "How old are you?" Xiao Zhan asked. He looked like nearly the same- no similar to Yibo's age.

    "I lost count guess... 1300 years old still counting."

    Xiao Zhan gawked. He pulled apart from the hug in utter disbelief.

    "Don't tell me you earned immortality." They exchanged glances.

    "Do I need to tell that, the example standing in front of you."

    "Okay, Okay, You have to tell me, how did you grow up till now."

    "It's a long story Xian-gege, slow down somebody needs you more, than I do. So, Mr. Xiao Zhan where is the progress of your project. You still have two months left."

                                          ###

    Xiao Zhan came to the terrace of the villa and stopped by the open door. He saw a lean figure standing back-facing to him and front to a glorious sunset. Sunset had never been this beautiful before.

    Yibo's arms were placed on the red stone railings, face bathed in rays on the sun setting down, mild and pale but better. He shuddered when the winter breeze touched him and played under his thin fabric he had been wearing, a white oversized top and same colored skirt that sweeping the tiled floor as the wind chased him from the west, made him looked ethereal, unrealistic.

    Xiao Zhan watched his back profile for a while before walked leisurely to side. Yibo's kept his long hairs while he had to cut it off.

    Yibo had been so indulged he unaware of Xiao Zhan's presence beside him till Xiao Zhan tucked the waving strands behind his ears. He didn't flinch but turned his face to Xiao Zhan and smiled at him acknowledging.

    It's really heartbreaking to see him smile like that as if nothing happened.

    Yibo passed him on the forehead ribbon of his when it's exact same when he saw Yibo with him on their first meet of this life. It's with Yibo all the time they wandered around before traveling to the past and now it's again in his hand.

    It's him when Wei Wuxian saved Yibo for the first time and kept the secret hidden till he threw at the symbol in the last war of his life, unleashing the truth of his and Yibo's existence and knowing they were going to meet again in next life, destined.

    And his Lan Zhan found it. He didn't have to know How Yibo had been having it. It's all destined.

    He touched his forehead ribbon, smiling.

    "Do not touch. It's the sacred ribbon of the Gusu Lan clan. Only disciples of Lan clan can have it. It can be touched by the cultivator partner or parents." Lan Wangji said to him once.

    And his incarnation giving it himself. He knew what it means. That cultivation partner thing... Of Lans.

    As Xiao Zhan fingers brushed against Wang Yibo's palms he felt like shivering like frostbite. "You will catch a cold! " he unconsciously stated, " Wait here, " he had forgotten what he actually came for and scurried away, leaving dumbfounded Yibo behind, who resumed to watching the beautiful sunset with an empty mind.

    When Xiao Zhan came back with a soft and thick quilt and cans of beer in his hands, he guided Yibo to the swing on the side facing the sunset. He put the cans aside, patted on his lap so Yibo would sit and shrouded themselves with the warmth of the quilt.

    Yibo obediently sat on his lap like a puppy with the position so he could comfortably nuzzle on his body and look at him at the same time.

    He had been staring at Xiao Zhan as he had been watching the sunset with a contagious smile by his eyes. It affected Xiao Zhan and he broke into a chuckle.

    Yibo made him blush.

    Xiao Zhan continued to pick one can of Budweiser, opening it, he took it to the lips of Wang Yibo and placed lightly on his lower lips like asking for the entrance.

    "Open your mouth, puppy." Yibo parted lips to let it in, the little droplet fell on his lips he swept it with his tongue, pinching his eyes as tasted the balance of bitter and sweetness.

    Xiao Zhan drooled at the sight, gulped. "You are seducing me." He falsely accused Yibo, his eyes dragged down to lips from the small eyes.

    "When did I? " Yibo began to protective of himself.

    "You have to pay the price, " as Xiao Zhan held Yibo's neck as Yibo's arms got folded and trapped on his shoulders as he invaded in the mouth with his own.

    He tasted beer on his tongue, god knows how long they had been kissing, the dusk faded and darkness rose up.

    Yibo had been flushed under his as they gasped for air. Then take the opportunity, Xiao Zhan's composed self, he dropped the bomb.

    "Xiao Zhan, I can see you are good now I need to go back to my home as my task is completed."

He had been coming after that portrait...Now he would have to return where he came from originally.

*Me to my story-

Before writing the new chapter: I wanna end it.

After writing the chapter: one more time...just one more, aigoo...

My other drafts:
She doesn't love us anymore. Who are we to you?

*Me-
I think of you as my soulmates...

*Le single life of shipper and believer.

Life- lol.

My assignments:
Omma! Tomorrow is submission day you are going to upset the teachers, it's a not good thing and bad manners.

*Me-
Seclusion.